X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

RIP Neil Peart :(

This one hits hard... Rush has always been one of my favorite groups and Neil's drumming skills was a big part of this. RIP Neil.

• Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Rush was the soundtrack of my 14-25 years pretty heavily (never stopped listening to them, just expanded my tastes over time). Only band I've ever seen live more than once. My bachelor party was with 90,000 other fans in Quebec City in 2010 for the Time Machine tour (where they played, for the only time ever, the entire Moving Pictures album, in order, live). I wore out three copies of Moving Pictures on vinyl in high school (could have been the crappy TT on my Emerson "all-in-one" stereo that I got for my 11th birthday--but playing it 15-20 times a week probably contributed to the early demise).

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

I was never a big rush fan, but I am definitely a Neal Peart fan, so sorry, I only found out after he was gone. :-( RIP Neal. Make no mistake, he was a percussionist, and musician, not just a drummer. I am a member of a drum group or two, so I learned they called hin the Professor, it must be because he knew exactly where to put what fills, and with what drums/cymbals or other percussion instruments. I was blown away when I heard him, in fact, I want to go do some U-Tubing and hear more of his solos.

Doug
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"