How can you resist an album released on your Birthday?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

How can you resist an album released on your Birthday?

Live In New York is a "must have" for Jonatha Brooke fans such as myself, and a possible introduction to a broad range of her music from others, including some of the better cuts from the days of the "Story" band (with Ann Marie Milazzo handing the second vocal roles of that due very well), as well as new material, in some very good live performances delivered at a Theater in New York City over a period of two weeks. Did I mention mastering by Bob Ludwig at the Mastering Labs? That I didn't get this last year when it came out (on my Birthday!) and only just yesterday received it is a testament to how snowballed I've been from my job, as this is one of my favorite pop/folk-rock artists.

Everyone in the band delivers great performances; from the very tight rhythm section of Darren Embry (bass) and Rich Mercurio (drums), to the duet/backing vocals from Ann Marie Milazzo. Goffery Moore (guitars) has grown substantially in live performance chops since he joined the band back during the writing and release of "Steady Pull" in 2001, and delivers with keen subtlety when needed and also really rocks out in a real "60's" kind of vibe on the more epic cuts- altogether surprising and satisfying.

The playing and singing uses a wide range of dynamics, and the sound is uncompressed and quite natural and clear, especially for a live location performance - sounds more like a "live" studio recording with a large audience tucked away somewhere.

There are many album cut sound clips, as well as a video trailer to judge whether this is your cup of tea. Check it out at Live In New York

the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....
  • WillyD
    • Feb 2006

I think I dig her! I really like her voice. I shall check this release out...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"