X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kewlaid
    • Apr 2006

Jazz Internet Radio Stations

Been lurking for ages so figure i'll post something that i discovered a few days ago.
    I recently found out about internet radio. As a big fan of jazz and particularly smooth jazz, the Smooth Jazz radio on SKY.fm is great. I first heard it this past weekend with a live show broadcasting live from the UK.
    excellent stuff

SKY.fm Smooth Jazz

SKY.fm has also some other channels like new age and classical music if jazz isn't your thing.

kewLAID
    --------------
    42" Samsung
    HK avr55
    Infinity Kappa 8.1
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

I'll give the jazz a try sometime, thanks.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I've been listening (off and on) to 'net-based radio for a year or so and SKY is one of the jazz sites I've enjoyed.

Nice list Thomas, thanks. :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• wkhanna
          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

These are two of my favorites; I run it into the boom box in my dept’s. office at work:

KPLU is a Public radio station in Seattle.

And WDUQ is the local Public station at home here in Pittsburgh, run by Duquesne University. You can select an option that offers 24/7 jazz that supplements their other programming like news and ‘Car Talk’ when that is on their OTA signal. As you might already know, the ‘Burgh has a great tradition and history of jazz and jazz musicians. The local live entertainment offers some of the best jazz and venues for those who prefer to take theirs ‘live’. Also, the Manchester Craftsman Guild is a non-profit organization that offers arts education and support, along with producing some of highest quality recording from their in-house studio. You can purchase music that is made there if your interested. MCG Jazz
          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Nice list Thomas, thanks.
            My pleasure....:wink:

Although politically incorrect because it's in France, I like
            http://www.frequencejazz.com/ Jazz, and a whole lot more. For those young at heart like me ...:B
            My local PBS jazz station is pretty good too
            Since 1985, KUVO has provided a rare blend of music & news. We broadcast the best in Jazz, Latin Jazz & Blues in addition to 17 locally produced, culturally diverse programs.
            Last edited by ThomasW; 28 April 2006, 17:33 Friday.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by wkhanna
              These are two of my favorites; I run it into the boom box in my dept’s. office at work:

KPLU is a Public radio station in Seattle.

And WDUQ is the local Public station at home here in Pittsburgh, run by Duquesne University. You can select an option that offers 24/7 jazz that supplements their other programming like news and ‘Car Talk’ when that is on their OTA signal. As you might already know, the ‘Burgh has a great tradition and history of jazz and jazz musicians. The local live entertainment offers some of the best jazz and venues for those who prefer to take theirs ‘live’. Also, the Manchester Craftsman Guild is a non-profit organization that offers arts education and support, along with producing some of highest quality recording from their in-house studio. You can purchase music that is made there if your interested. MCG Jazz
              I've listened to the KPLU station and it is a good one. I'll have to give a listen to the others that've been posted. Always looking for good jazz!
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Streaming...
                http://www.wuot.org/ "Improvisations" on Mon-Thurs 6:30-8:00 PM

Fri, it runs from 6:30 to 11, including Improvisations, "Jazz Set" with Didi Bridgewater, Piano Jazz with Marian McPortland, and Last set at Birdland.

This is NPR (National Public Radio), you can also catch Cartalk on Sat mornings, a hoot.

May Schedule for national shows:

Friday Nights:
                8:00 Jazzset with DeeDee Bridgewater
                5 Fred Hersch - Two Sets, Twenty Years
                12 North Sea Festival Highlights
                19 Steps Ahead @ the 2005 Montreux Jazz Festival
                26 Vancouver Jazz Festival Highlights

9:00 Marian McPartland’s Piano Jazz
                5 Whitney Balliett
                12 Mimi Fox
                19 John Harmon
                26 Randy Weston

10:00 Last Set at Birdland
                5 Original and new versions of Mary Lou Williams' Zodiac Suite
                12 Tribute to recently departed alto saxophonist Jackie McLean
                19 50's recordings of pianist Dick Twardzik
                26 Birthday of tenor saxophonist and flutist Lew Tabackin
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"