X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Peter White: Glow

I was going to write my thoughts on this and was reading an Editorial review at http://www.Amazon.com which sumed up exactly what I felt.

Amazon's Review:

Editorial Reviews
    Amazon.com
    The smooth-jazz acoustic-guitar star gets his R&B groove on throughout many tracks on this beautifully recorded disc, and not just on the obvious tunes like the sneaky Isley Brothers cover, "Who's That Lady" (with Kirk Whalum cooking on sax), and the old Temptations number, "Just My Imagination," but also on the very funky "Turn It Out," with sax man Euge Groove, and the Latin-tinged "Bueno Funk," with Steve Cole on the horn. The rest of the album is about as dependable and complete an album White has put together since the promise he showed with Basia in the mid-'80s, which is to say smooth-jazz radio and fans are sure to be all over his thoughtful melodies and tasteful arrangements. Other guest stars include trumpeter Rick Braun, the ubiquitous keyboardist Jeff Lorber, and saxophonist Dave Koz, who warms the title ballad. More tracks sure to please fans of the very popular guitarist include "Pedro Blanco," and "Baby Steps." --Mark Ruffin

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I am enjoying this CD as I write. One thing the above review doesn't state, this is a well mastered effort! The clarity is breathtaking. Soundstage seems to be like an intimate jazz club setting.

Just had to share my complete satisfaction with this CD.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"