X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

NPR (National Public Radio) affiliated WUOT

Hello, just thought a few of you may enjoy this radio station that streams X 24.

Your support of WUOT makes everything you hear on your public radio possible. If you'd like to support the station now, click the button below. Thank you!

Programming is as follows:

1. Early morning (until 9:00 AM news)
    2. Classical through lunch.
    3. NPR news at lunch and dinner.
    4. Probably a lot more classical.
    5. From 6:00 to 8:00 evenings is JAZZ.

WUOT is a part of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville TN and was voted in the top 10% of public radio stations.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

National Public Radio 90.1 .....FM

I enjoy listening to NPR once in a while because they have up to date news from around the world and no paid advertisements.

One of those down to earth stations.
    ......Pat

Comment

• Nick M
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

NPR snags alot of it's news from the BBC. While NPR tends to lean to the left with alot of their talk-radio, I'd prefer it over most of the mindless neo-con stuff on most other stations. Its tough to actually find an open and honest platform for news.

BBC news is pretty close though. I use their site for my homepage.
      Visit BBC News for up-to-the-minute news, breaking news, video, audio and feature stories. BBC News provides trusted World and UK news as well as local and regional perspectives. Also entertainment, business, science, technology and health news.
      ~Nick

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Leans to the left?

Okay, my response to that made me realize we need a warning post here. Let's keep this relaxed.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Heheeee... true, great potential there is for political ideal debate. (in Yoda voice)

I'll just say that I do listen to a lot of talk radio, as I like to get my mind thinking.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Broadcasting Jazz for 20 yrs, now webcasting too is Denver's PBS station KUVO ...... :T

Our mission is to provide distinctive music, news and informational programming reflecting the values and cultural diversity of our listener community.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"