X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cyclesberuff
    • Jun 2005

Clarence Gatemouth Brown

Hey I think I read somewhere that Gatemouth passed away.If this is true, hey, deserves some recognition as a true legend of the swamp sound and blues.I saw him once at Ramshead in Annapolis he was everything I thought and more.

Also RL Burnside passed away as well, claasic blues guy

;x(
  • H.Donald
    • Aug 2004

Gatemouth was a true genius...and probably one of the most versatile musicians anywhere.At 81,I would think that he got the most out of life.He had just returned to his native Houston to avoid Katrina...along with his family.He had been living in New Orleans until then.

My oldest daughter attended this years New Orleans jazz festival...where Gatemouth performed.Amazingly enough,cds of the just completed shows are available right afterwards.And being the wonderful daughter that she is....she purchased one for Dad.

"sometimes I feel myself slipping,but I will never fall"....

Comment

• Cyclesberuff
      • Jun 2005

you raised her well

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"