X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Anybody live in New Orleans?

I was just wondering if any of you HT members live in New Orleans?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Close to it, about an hour away.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

A new studio is being built in New Orleans and I may be moving there temporarily. Just looking for info. I have been there a few times to work but, never really paid attention to what neighborhoods would be good to live in.

I know where I wouldn't live but, not sure where the safe and clean areas are.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

I probably know just as much as you do.

Kevin D.

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Bob, I've never lived there, but I've spent a good amount of time there due to work (and play). My first choice would be the Garden district which is a beautiful section near Tulane and Loyola Universities, and the Zoo. A distant second would be across the causeway in Slidell, which unfortunately is a bit of a commute.

Best of luck.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• dyazdani
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Bob
            A new studio is being built in New Orleans and I may be moving there temporarily. Just looking for info. I have been there a few times to work but, never really paid attention to what neighborhoods would be good to live in.

I know where I wouldn't live but, not sure where the safe and clean areas are.
            I live about an hour away, but every time I go it's typically in the Quarter. I personally don't care for anything I've seen around the area, but I'm sure there are nice areas for living.

The area around the Zoo is nice, once you get past the junk (on the drive from I-10). Still, I don't know what people consider habitable.
            Danish

Comment

• Bob
              • Jul 2000

I have worked there several times over the years but, only for a few weeks at a time. Other than the Garden District, the whole city looked pretty seedy to me. There must be some little neighborhood that is off the beaten track that is clean and safe. If not, then maybe I'll just go into the Warehouse District and embrace the "New Orleans Lifestyle".
              Thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"