X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Christian McBride "Gettin To It" $9.99!

Guys, I was just curious as to whether Amazon offered this CD, what I consider a reference quality CD of epic proportions. Buy it, listen to it, and you too will be gettin to it'!

Please use the "Top 100 CD link" at the top of the forum page, and simply type Christian McBride in the search window, selecting all products in the category. This will give you 3 links to his music.

With shipping, I figure that about 12 or so bucks US. Not bad at all for reference quality stuff.

Lex
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Very Nice Lex! Smooth like silk

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• Lexman
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2000

Yeah Bing, this CD inspires both me and my system every time I listen to it. Without a doubt, the best pig in a poke I have ever purchased!

Now, if you don't like jazz, don't even consider it. But if you do, it will be a vivid reminder of all the reasons you love a great jazz CD.

Of course, I challened you guys before on this CD, and a few folks took the challenge, and now revel at it's quality production standard. It is the first CD that I will take with me to audition anything audio.

When have I steered you wrong before? (Rhetorical, don't answer, lol.)

Lex

Comment

• Bing Fung
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

Good enough then, ordered!

Bing
        Bing

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

Lexman, good call on this CD! Just got it today and I'm totally impressed. Mcbride's bass has so much texture you can feel him anticipating the string pluck, and Roy Hargrove on Trumpet is a fantastic accompaniment, talk about clean and crisp.

The track that has impressed me the most thus far is #5 Splanky. The Trio bass of Ray Brown(left channel), Christian(center) and Milt Hinton(right channel) is awesome. I first started listening with out reading the credits, after a couple of seconds, I thought "there have got to be a couple of basses in there" The depth and sound stage on that track is too real. To use an over used term 3 Elvis's were in the building and sitting between my speakers.

Love the Title track as well.

I LIKE IT!

Bing
          Bing

Comment

• Lexman
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2000

Excellent Bing! I have thoroughly enjoyed my copy. It's a seductive CD. The more you listen to it, the more you like it.

Lex

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"