X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Jesse Cook - Nomad

I've had this latest effort from Jesse for a while now but am only really now starting to give it the air time it deserves and although my initial impession was that it was different from his earlier works the truth is its very good and offers something slightly more unique then the other albums which were all pretty similar in tone and style. This one is more akin to a blend of the Gypsy Kings and more world sound then what we're used to. There's also more vocals to this one then the typical one vocal track per disc which is good news for me as those were often my favorite songs. The songs "Maybe" and "Nomad" are my current favorite's but there's several that are very catchy and get repeated a lot at the moment

There's some brief low res samples here

The official website of Jesse Cook, featuring tour dates, presale ticketing, news, the official store and more.
  • NMyTree
    • May 2004

I've had Gravity for quite a long time now, since it first was released; and I simply love that album. It's not unusual for me to just play it all the way through.....and have it on repeat. I usually let it play through 2-3 times before finally moving on to another disc.

I also have Nomad and find it equally wonderful, but as you mentioned.....a bit different from his other stuff. But wonderful nonetheless.

I'm the opposite of you Andrew, while I like the vocals, my favorites are the ones without vocals.

Jesse Cook is one talented MoFo :B
    Tony

Comment

• Oyama
      • Jan 2006

Andrew, did you get a chance to see him play at the Manitoba Centennial Concert Hall on June 20/2003? I did and WOW what a concert, he is one fantastic flamenco guitarist.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

If you guys are big into Jesse Cook, another person I think is just as good as him (if not even better) is Roni Benise.

Pretty cool CDs he's got especially since he was self taught and can't read a note of music...but yet is a phenominal guitarist.

He had a special on PBS I believe it was Benise - Nights of Fire, with all these flamingo dancers and what not, it was actually very impressive and I couldn't turn it off. Plus the sound (if anything close to his actual recordings which I still have yet to get) of the show was unbelievable. It was enough to get me tickets to his show when he comes here mid year. Might want to check him out.

I'm not taking away anything from Jesse Cook mind you, just trying to find more like him!!
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Oyama
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by PewterTA
          If you guys are big into Jesse Cook, another person I think is just as good as him (if not even better) is Roni Benise.

Pretty cool CDs he's got especially since he was self taught and can't read a note of music...but yet is a phenominal guitarist.

He had a special on PBS I believe it was Benise - Nights of Fire, with all these flamingo dancers and what not, it was actually very impressive and I couldn't turn it off. Plus the sound (if anything close to his actual recordings which I still have yet to get) of the show was unbelievable. It was enough to get me tickets to his show when he comes here mid year. Might want to check him out.

I'm not taking away anything from Jesse Cook mind you, just trying to find more like him!!
          Thanks for the heads-up on Roni Benise.. :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"