X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Jesse Cook

Well last night I had the great pleasure of attending a Jesse Cook concert here in Winnipeg at the Walker Theater. The Walker is a great old theater that only seats aprrox 1500 people or so. We were 10th row just of centre so our seats were pretty good. If you're not familar with Jesse's music there's some quick snipets on the web site at http://www.jessecook.com but essentially its a mix of spanish, latin, flamenco and good ol pickn' guitar On this tour to support the latest album "FreeFall" he had with him a violin player from the maritimes, a bass buitar, drums, two acoustic guitar players (himself incl) and a guy playing all sorts of drums from steel drums to bongo's and tall wooden drums etc. Anyway after two wonderful sets they did three encors much to the crowds delite. Given the style of music there wasn't much for on stage antics or theatics but the violin and bass guitar players added some life to the show. After the concert Jesse came out to sign autographs and was a very down to earth guy. I asked about the posibility of a concert DVD and he said it was something they were thinking about The rest of the band members were available as well since most of them were either walking around in the lobby or on stage packing their gear. We decided to hang around and talk with as many of them as we could. There's a concert lisitng on the web site and I highly recomend if he's near you go to one of the shows.

• SteveF
    • Nov 2000

Hi Andrew, A friend of mine turned me on to Mr. Cook some time ago and I hadn't heard anything about him since. I've got the Gravity album and I like it very much, I guess I should look for some new things by him. I kind of forgot about him until I ran across your post.....Thanks for the pleasant reminder!!! Peace SteveF

SteveF
    SteveF

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"