X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

New Creed album under the name "Alter Bridge"

For those who didn't know, (I didn't until this past week) Creed officially split up, with the lead singer Scott going own way to pursue other things. Well, the rest of the group grabbed a new lead singer, and just put out a new album with the band name "Alter Bridge".

I think everyone is pre-loaded, ready to jump and say, "it's not Creed, it's a cheap knockoff, it's really bad". The thing is, the album is actually really good! I don't think there's one song that stood out to me like a few Creed songs like "Arms Wide Open", sticking in my head. But it's a good album, with some good tunes.

Similar to Creed, there's a spiritual base to the group and album that's cool. (I see this even in the band name) Make no mistake, though, this is not pop rock to appeal to preppy teenage girls. It's solidly hard rock, without crossing over the line into what I would consider the good old Heavy Metal. The only exception I found was about 5 seconds at the end of one song, I think it was track 4, where there's double tapping bass drums. Rockin'!

The new singer isn't quite as good as Scott, I think, but he's got his own style. For a while, it bugged me, like I had heard his voice before but couldn't place it. I figured out that he sounds a lot like the lead singer of an older Christian hard rock group, Holy Soldier.

I'd encourage anyone that liked Creed, or that kind of hard driving music, to at least take a listen and see what they think.

Current rating on Amazon.com is :45:
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Thanks Chris! :T I wasn't aware that Creed had split. Alter Bridge eh? I'll give it a spin.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• NMyTree
      • May 2004

I loved the first album by Creed. After that.............. :throwup:

I just couldn't get into them, with the exception of " Arms Wide Open" I didn't like anything they did. But that's just me.
      Tony

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Really... that's interesting. I've found most people liked their 2nd album over the first, with the hit songs "Arms Wide Open" and "Take Me Higher". The 1st one was good too, with "One". I love that song.

side note: I use "One" to judge audio compression quality, and it's the reason I don't like MP3's in general. I ripped the song to MP3 or WAV file format a while ago, and the opening guitar chords were COMPLETELY distorted with the compression. Newer higher-quality compressions do better, but you can still here the detail loss.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• NMyTree
          • May 2004

Well, you know how it is, everyone has different personal tastes.

I think "My Own Prison" is an excellent album. Their finest work. I find that album artistic, powerful and creative.

I remembered another song I love by them, off the "Human Clay" album; " What If ". That song kicks some booty :B
          Tony

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Resurrecting this old thread to post an update. Alter Bridge has now put out four albums, and I've bought them all. Here's the newest:

I really enjoy it. Alter Bridge has some really ass-kicking, energetic, hard rocking music. What I've found with them, though, is that I haven't found any of the music to be particularly "catchy", the kind of song that really sticks in your brain, and makes you want to play it over and over. As a result, I won't pull out the album and play it regularly. But what this does mean, is that when I do revisit my Alter Bridge music, I'm wonderfully surprised and enjoy it all over again. This fourth album is no different. Good, hard stuff, that really gets my blood pumping and all charged up. Well recommended for lovers of hard rock, and fans of Creed from the day.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"