X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

New "Creed" album just released, 2009

... and NOOOO, this is not another "best of album", pretending to be a new album because Creed broke up.

No, apparently, Creed has actually gotten back together, including Scott Stapp! They've put out a new album, as of Oct 26th, 2009. I've been pleasantly suprised by the two Altar Bridge albums in the meantime, but it's cool to see Creed back together in full. I'm really hesitant to make a blind purchase, though, given the breakup and reunion now. Reviews are mixed for this one, and saying that it's a slightly different Creed feel than before.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has listened to it, and I'd like to hear opinions. Post away!
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

It gets a reasonable review on allmusic...

AllMusic provides comprehensive music info including reviews and biographies. Get recommendations for new music to listen to, stream or own.

Nigel.

Comment

• impala454
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for posting this! I had no idea they had gotten back together and had a new album out. Listened to the previews on Amazon and figure it is definitely worth a $10 purchase.
      -Chuck

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

The singer (cant remember his name) is real a douchebag. I remember buying tickets to see him here in Vancouver and everyone filled the concert and he didnt even show up. Turns out he just had better things to do. It was at the time Creed was pretty big and I guess he thought he would always be on top. Years later i saw him open for INXS as a solo artist in Vancouver...some people must have remembered because there were some Boos from the audience.
        Last edited by Nolan B; 10 December 2009, 19:29 Thursday.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Yeah, that's Scott Stapp. Does sound like he's a jerk. But if the music's good, I can listen without getting wrapped up in it!
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• numberoneoppa
            • Sep 2009

But that's just it - the music's not good!

<3
            -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Ahhhh... oppa, did you buy the new CD? Or just hear it elsewhere?
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Well, while I was still debating whether to get this one, my sister gave it to me as a birthday present! It's actually pretty darn good. I would say it's a little harder rock than the previous albums, with some "raunchy riffs", but still has that Creed sound. There's no songs that really stood out to me as dynamite, like the Higher/With Arms Wide Open stretch of multiple songs on "Human Clay", (which at the time I considered to be the best 15 or so minute stretch of music in the industry then) but still good. I rated each song on the new album 3 or 4 stars out of 5 on my iPod. Will definitely get some repeat listening.
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"