X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Khorn
    • Sep 2004

CAT Cables

Being relatively new to this forum and not very familiar with CAT cables could someone please describe the "sound" of the various levels of the CAT line specially the interconnects?

I know all manufacturers like to say their products are "neutral" but if that were the case they would all sound the same and I think most readers here agree that is not the case.

In my experience the interconnects that I use now (from a different manufacturer) are more to the "warm" side while still being able to convey detail and "musicality". For my system this is what works.

What are the sonic attributes of the various CAT interconnects and how do you choose which model "fits" (in a sonic sense) your system?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Depends on which one you're refering to. The silver IC's in my system tend to really bring out the upper detail and the bass response seems solid without being boosted.

The copper IC's are a little more mellow at the upper end but seem to have similar bass response...at least in my system.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"