• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmak
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2002

2 channel for 5K(CDN) or 3.5K (US)

Hi,

I would really like to put together a solid 2 channel set-up for my living room. I have a Rotel RCD-951 CD player that will migrate from the HT system. I'm partial to B&W because my HT is made up of them and have been leaning towards the N805. I would like to acquire a decent integrated amp and have looked at Bryston B-60 and Musical Fidelity (not sure of model#). My dealer, who sells Bryston, tried to discoursge me from going the B-60 route, because of its passive pre-amp section. What would mate well with the 805s for around 2K (CDN) or 1,300 US? Any other speaker suggestions would be welcome, bearing in mind that I want a stand-mount.

Regards,

Ken Makela
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Ken,

Audiogon has this Musical Fidelity A3.2 integrated amp for $1,150 obo. Good hunting!

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• brucek
      HTG Expert
      • Aug 2000

ken,

My dealer, who sells Bryston, tried to discourage me from going the B-60 route, because of its passive pre-amp section
      My goodness - passive preamp in a B-60, I don't think so - I've never heard such nonsense - better tell your dealer to do some homework.

The B-60 is in my opinion, about the best integrated amp on the market. It's a flawless combination of Brystons flagship BP20 preamp and a modified 2B power amplifier. See a few reviews here:

http://www.bryston.ca/reviews/b60/inner.html
      http://www.bryston.ca/reviews/b60/minimal.html

Have a listen, but at another dealer - drop the one you are using.......

brucek

Comment

• Dan Heath
        • Feb 2003

I've heard the B-60 with the B&W N805's and the N804's. It was great! I also had the chance to audition the mono blocks 7B-ST with the N801's. And that was magic! You can't go wrong with Bryston.

And as Bruce said. That info sounds weird coming from your dealer.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"