X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Anybody have any experience with the Bryston B60

I am picking this unit up to control my multi-zone. It seems like a very straightforward unit. I plan on connecting it via the VCR Out on my Bryston SP 1.7 to the Tape Loop 'From' on the B60 and flipping the tape source/switch on the front panel to 'tape'. Then I am going to connect to the pre-amp 'pre-out', two open channels on my CineNova Grande 5 to give it more power (I'll have three sets of 8-ohm rated speakers attached via a Bryston 3-speaker pair switcher --- this is a better option than using the 100W amp of the B60 although most times all three rooms won't be live and even when they are, it won't be at ridiculous volumes anyway).

Anything I am missing?

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net
  • brucek
    HTG Expert
    • Aug 2000

jimmy,

I've heard the B60 several times and really like it. It's one of the nicest little integrated amps around. It's kind of pricey to only use the preamp and not use the power amp though. It's conservatively rated like most Bryston amps.

If you were only driving one or two sets I would recommend to simply use the B60 as a total unit. The power amp would nicely drive the single 8 ohm set or two sets for 4 ohms. I'm not sure adding a third set in for 2.6 ohms would be wise.

Just using the B60 with its amp would make cabling and operation of the multizone quite simple. You could just feed the Aux input from the 1.7 and then the B60 power amp would drive the selector switch. It's that third set in parallel that is the problem (am I correct that your selector switch adds the extra sets in parallel and isn't simply a one of three selector?)

brucek

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Since sending this out brucek, Bryston announced today the mid-October release of their new Integrated Amplifier, the B100 SST. This is THE ticket for my application. It is very similar to the B60 but it is 100W @ 8-ohms and has the newer cosmetics. I don't know if you are on James Tanner's e-mail list but if you want to see this before it hits their web page (which might be a few weeks), I can e-mail it to you.

Thanks, by the way, for the feedback.

Jim
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"