X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsmith
    • Jan 2003

Cal Audio support?

Now that Cal Audio has gone kaput I have seen some interesting sales offered. But it would be dicey to buy without knowing who and where to go for problem fixes (no warranty of course). Does anyone know if such independent product support exists?

dsmith
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Don,

I'm not familiar with Cal Audio's warranty, but various retailers offer their own sales support services whether it be to cover initial warranties or extended ones. Check with the dealers you are looking to purchase from. And then check with outside sources (if available) like the BBB to rate the level of customer satisfaction with their service.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• dsmith
      • Jan 2003

Thanks, David, but but one I had in mind would be a private sale.

I would be leery of having the average electronic repair facility, which mainly handles mass market stuff, to work on something as valuable as the Cal Audio pre/pro. Maybe Bob Popham could handle the repair, but with no warranty you would pay the full freight. Still, a good enough price may make it worthwhile.

dsmith

Comment

• Robbie
        • Aug 2000

Cal Audio gone under????? 8O 8O 8O

Man I hate living in the sticks.

Robbie

Comment

• dsmith
          • Jan 2003

Dunlavy also went under - really sad. The current state of the economy is making it very hard on the small high end manufacturers. Mondial (Aragon) of course was bought out by Klipsch else they would be gone, too. I think I read that Sonic Frontiers has dropped all but their Anthem product line, but I think they still sell high end kits for their DACs and other stuff. But at least SF is owned by a larger company, that also owns Paradigm loudspeakers, so they have some added support.

Cal Audio was bought by SonicBlue (don't ask me why) before they stopped business. And I have learned that SonicBlue has designated repair facilities available for Cal Audio products, but I don't think they cover the warranty, which was only two years anyway.

dsmith

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
            • Jan 2002

Interesting news about CAL.... I would have thought they'd been a company to hang in there. Oh well.

I don't listen to CD's much in the home but when I do, I have always been happy with my Icon Mark II.

Glad to know there is somewhere to at least get repair service if I ever just happen to need it.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"