X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audioclyde
    • Aug 2000

Joseph Audio

MichaelW,

Finally got a chance to hear the JA 25sigs yesterday at Park Audio in NY. Kind of short demo, but there was much to like. I'd love to hear the 30's, but didn't have them setup in the demo room I was in. The room wasn't optimal, but I was surprised at the bottom end--really stronger than I expected. I'd like to hear em again, in my house, but no dealer anywhere near me and I don't want to ship speakers in for audition and maybe have to pay shipping to return if decide I don't like em (Jeff Joseph seems great on the phone, he's offered to let me do such a demo). Anyway, I was suitably impressed, and this from a speaker listing at less than half my current Wilson-Benesch Act Ones (not unhappy with the Act Ones, just always looking at things I've read about and haven't heard!!)
  • MichaelW
    • Aug 2000

Audioclyde,

I have not had the pleasure to hear the RM25si Signature speaker as of yet. Having heard the RM7si Signature, RM22si Signature, RM30si and RM50si (which I own) I can only imagine that the RM25si Signature would sound great as well. When I first heard the RM7si Signature I was impressed at how much bass was being produced by the monitor size speaker. Very punchy and dynamic sounding small speaker. Jeff seems to know how to get good bass output using small sized drivers.

In a few months, the RM33si Signature will be replacing the RM30si speaker. Jeff has already demo'd the RM33si Signature at a recent audio show. This speaker is going to use metal/composite ScanSpeak drivers and a new ScanSpeak soft dome tweeter similar to what is used in the Pearl speaker. The RM33si Signature is now a all active driver design that uses a side fire 8" woofer. The RM50si is due to be replaced after the RM30si.

Comment

• Crimson
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Even though I'm a planar kinda guy, I think Joseph Audio speakers are the best sounding, best value available 'box' speakers.

Q.
      Q.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"