X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jamil
    • Dec 2003

Speaker recommendation for Rotel gear

Hello,

I have been using the knowledge available on this forum for quite some time now but this is only my second post. The first one did not getting any responses so I thought of trying again

I have the RSP-1068, RB-1080 and RMB-1075. I am thinking of buying a 5.1 speaker setup and 65% of the time it will be for music and 35% for movies. The room for my HT setup is quite large (25'x15'x20'). I have read many posts on this forum about what speakers to mate with Rotel but I have not been able to audition most of them side by side to make a decision. My list has come down to 2 manufacturers and wanted to see if anyone on this forum can help me out with my dilemma. The manufacturers are Paradigm and Dynaudio.

On the Paradigm side, I have listened to the Signature Series setup (S4's for the fronts, S2's for the surround, their smaller signature line center channel and the signature servo sub). The sound was exceptional. The only thing is this setup was not driven by Rotel but by Anthem equipment. I have a feeling that Rotel will almost be at par if not better.

On the Dynaudio side, I was able to audition the Audience series with REL subs (Storm and Stadium). For the fronts it was the floor standing 72SE's, for the surrounds it was the 52SE's and the center channel was 122c. This setup was driven by Rotel gear similar to mine except for the pre/pro. The one used was the RSP-1098. I must say it was quite a “listening” experience.

Now the big question is which ones to go with. I am leaning towards the Dynaudio setup not because it was less money than the Paradigm’s, but because I had listened to it with the Rotel equipment. I am sure there has to be someone on this forum who has listened to or has to the Paradigm setup with Rotel and can help me out with my decision. I was not able to find a dealer locally with that equipment combination otherwise I would not be posting on the forum for assistance.

I would really appreciate if someone can offer some advice so that I can make the purchase and sleep better

Thanks.

--
    Regards
    Nasser

P.S. If anyone thinks I should audition some other speaker manufacturers besides the 2 I have on my short list, please let me know. I did listen to the B&W 700 series though.
  • Jamil
    • Dec 2003

I see this post being MOVED. Can I know where was this moved to so I can follow up hopefully.
    Thanks.

--
    Nasser

Comment

• pdr711
      • Sep 2004

Check on Club Rotel on this forum. Most people are very helpful there.

Comment

• Jamil
        • Dec 2003

Thanks pdr711 for pointing that out. I thought I had posted my message in Club Rotel. Apparently not looking at the actual posting again

Comment

• Prozakk
          • Jul 2004

If you liked the Paradigm Signatures, but out of budget, try the Studio series.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"