X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clm811
    • Nov 2002

Premium-grade power cord

Upgraded power cord{AWG16x3C Shielded w/IEC plug} sold in bulk, (identical to that supplied by both Denon and Parasound with their high-end components) It is an audible upgrade to the standard "computer" cords supplied with most components. Marinco and Wattgate plugs are available through Parts Express.
    Cable mfgr. link: http://www.thaiwonderful.com/30.htm
    Charles Moore
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Not really sure I understand the post, if it's sold in bulk, why would members be interested in it? have you tried these cables yourself, built your own? Can we see your system and cables?

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• clm811
      • Nov 2002

Lex,
      I was curious to see if enough other audiophiles had an interest to enable a group purchase(I'm awaiting a quotation). These will no doubt cost us a fraction of what the "audiophile" AC cords sell for. I am currently using these, as supplied with my Denon DVD(A)3800, and Parasound HCA1205A. I have three subwoofers and a receiver in my HT system which would no doubt benefit from the better AC cord , how about you?
      Charles Moore

Comment

• PMazz
        • May 2001

16 gauge wire doesn't exactly sound like an "upgrade" cord. I wouldn't power a hefty amp with it.

Pete
        Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Ok, I understand. That really doesn't mean HTG will support a group power cord purchase. The first and formost reason is, I would personally not encourage the average person to build their own power cords, due to the extremely serious nature of electricity. Sure, there are a few with the knowledge and capability to do this right. But not everyone, thus it's not a positive thing for HTG to encourage it.

Any group buys much come through forum admins first as well.

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"