X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Interesting piece

6 channel pre-amp. For the SACD/DVD Audio buff? I dunno, I didn't see enough info to really say:

complete details @

Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I like the basic look, with simply knobs. It seems that they may have spent the money where it counts. I guess time will tell.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• pf
      • Oct 2000

Hi Doug. It's been a while. I recently added the Pioneer DV-47A all purpose player and the Sony TA-P9000ES preamp to my equipment collection for a multi-channel music set up (separate from my HT) and have to say for the price, the Sony is an excellent piece. It basically has the same features (I am sure the Sony's numbers aren't as impressive but for multi-channel music I doubt that will be much of an issue) plus two sets of 'bypass' connections for another 5.1 & stereo preamp inputs. Now if this one also does Bass Management which the Sony doesn't do then it will be a different story.

Granted my limited exposure to SACD & DVD-A, I'd have to say the Pioneer does a descent job without breaking the bank. Now all I need is for Dan Wright to come up with some mod to turbo-charge the Pioneer.

Cheers.

PF

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Hey Po-ming! This was just an informational post by me, not really, hey, I am thinking of getting it. I just came across it, and wanted to show it to the folks here.

Glad your expanding, and refining your setups! I bet there's a Silvercat or two in the mix,huh?

lex
        Doug

Comment

• pf
          • Oct 2000

Doug, talking about the Cats.

I am using three pairs of El Cheapo no name RCA IC's (a bit thicker than the generic ones come with the equipment) for the center/surrounds and a pair of SilverCats for the fronts (one each b/w the player/Sony & Sony/amps). My original stereo CD setup (Adcom 750/Rogue 99) also input into the Sony via the 'bypass' stereo using SilverCats so I can share the Bryston amps for both. Knowing how bad those 'death grip' El Cheapo connectors are on the terminals I will probably get some regular Cats (copper?) later on but would wait till things settle down a bit. For this system is still a work in progress esp since Sony just dropped the prices on some SACD players. :LOL:

PF

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

I am using three pairs of El Cheapo no name RCA IC's
            I never thought I would hear those words uttered from your lips, haha. At one time, Po-ming had as much silver wire as I did. What did you do with all those cats! :LOL:

Good to see you at the forum. Actually, I had just thought about you, wondered where you were hiding at, just this week.

Whenever I catch a breather in business, I think, hmmm, wonder if Po-ming is ready to order again.

Lex
            Doug

Comment

• pf
              • Oct 2000

You just love to rub it in, don't you Doug.

Honestly I still have enough 1m SilverCats to finish hooking up the system but figure why use premium IC's on some limited range surround/center speakers given vast majority of my attention & focus will be given to the fronts. Yes, it did take a bit of courage for me to come up with the word 'copper' esp together with those great looking Cats.

Just got my copy of pre-ordered Jazz at the Pawnshop SACD. Looks like I hit the jackpot this time by not going for the XRCD version for the SACD is a multi-channel/stereo hybrid with HDCD stereo decoding. :LOL:

PF

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

8) Great jazz CD huh?

Lex
                Doug

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"