best of the three CD player choices for my system ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markyboy56
    • Jan 2018

best of the three CD player choices for my system ?

hi

can any body please tell me which has the superior overall sound quality the sony x800 4k player or the oppo 203 or 205 especially when playing music cd

my question is i have at the moment i have 2 dali ikon 6v2 fronts dali vokal centre
    2 dali zensor 7 as rears
    2 dali zensor 1 as additional rears
    4 dali c1 atmos modules
    i also have the crown 1002 amp as well
    sony x800 4k player
    blue jeans speaker cables belden 5000ue
    4 svs pb13 ultra subs
    a playstation 4 pro
    a wii u
    xbox one x scorpio edition
    nvidia shield console
    marantz 7011 amp
    mini dsp 2x4 to connect all 4 subs to the amp
    antimode 8033 to balance the subs out for optimum performance
    blue sound node 2 streamer
    music fidelity m3i integrated amplifier
    I bi-amp my main speakers with the MF and the Crown amps, with the MF on the HF and the Crown on the LF where power demands are higher.
    Marantz 701 to the integrated amp using the left and right pre-outs from the AVR into the HT bypass / AV input of the integrated amp
    connect the analog outputs on the streamer, to an analog input on the integrated amp.
    this gives me even better superior sound than the 7011 for streaming music
    i have a very large audio cd collection
    i want a perfect partner cd player that will greatly enhance the audio quality
    of my setup i was thinking naim cd5si or something else in the price range that any of you on the forum wold recommend thanks :roll::W
  • markyboy56
    • Jan 2018

hello

being new here, I'm not sure how long it takes to get an answer, but will really appreciate suggestions for a high quality CD player to complement my audio system

Thanks!
    Last edited by Burke Strickland; 23 January 2018, 16:04 Tuesday. Reason: "bumppp bumppp bumppp" did not add value to the conversation only one day after posting with a non-descriptive thread title

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

I've always been partial to NAD and Cambridge Audio CD players. You might also consider a Marantz, as you already have some Marantz gear. I don't know your budget, but the SA8005 is a nice player (SACD/CD with a DAC that can be used with other devices--1200$US); the HD-CD1, at 600$ is also a nice option (no SACD, no DAC for other devices, but a solid player). Cambridge Audio Topaz CD10 at the entry level (CD5, really, but no digital output on that one, so can't use with external DAC) and the Azur 851C at the other end of the spectrum (like the Marantz SA8005, it can be used as a DAC for other devices, though, unlike the Marantz, it does not play SACD). NAD C 5XX series at their entry level offer three options while the M50.2 offers a CD player and a whole lot more (central digital hub for streaming as well). There are other options, of course, but if I were looking for a CD player without video capacity, Marantz, NAD and Cambridge would be my first options.

I have a Marantz DV6400 (DVD-V, DVD-A, SACD, CD player) from 2004 that still goes strong today (back then, it was best option for DVD-A/SACD that fit my budget). While I never use it to play DVDs anymore, I still regularly use it for music playback in my living room. I imagine the latest Marantz CD players have improved upon what I have, which is still excellent today (on my gear). Others may chime in soon enough with different options.

Cheers, and good luck.

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Since the SA 8260 Marantz SACD players have generally punching above their weight class. I don't know what DAC chips the newer ones use, but I'm a huge fan of the Cirrus Logic in mine.
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• markyboy56
          • Jan 2018

hi all

i want to add or change

my question is

in addition to my setup above
          i want to add a power amp to the centre speaker to enhance it greatly
          i will be using my marantz as main amp
          then i will use the music fidelity m3i and crown 102
          for the high and low frequncies then to the marantz
          to my dali speakers
          will connect my blue node2 to the amplifier

my question is i have enhanced my two front speakers but i want to enhance my centre speakers as
          well the dali zenor vokal centre
          what do you recommend as a power amplifier for the centre
          same as youve got
          or something else you would recommend
          i am using dali instead of the kefs you use to take into consideration
          also i want to enhance the audio quality of the sony ux800 4k player
          by using a arcam ir dac to enhance the 2 channel music of the sony ux800
          can all this all be wired up to the marantz amp

if so how would i wire it all up thanks
          also is there any way i can add a turnable to this setup
          if so what would you recommend
          and how do you wire it up thanks

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"