X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doubleTrouble
    • Mar 2016

Please help to fix HK AVR 255

Gentlemen, I managed to burn 2 front channels on my Harman Kardon AVR-255 receiver. The woofers of the speakers are burnt as well.
    I found the scheme, but don't really understand a lot.
    I replaced the Q658 and Q652 just to find out that it did not fix the problem. I checked those transistors with R-tester, they seem Ok.

Maybe someone could give me a hint what should I try to replace next. Those channels still can produce some sound, but it has lower volume and very noisy, compared to the working channels. When I switch the receiver on, it usually switches into protected mode immediately. After about 10 tries it starts normally.
    Any help is appreciated, as the only way I have is to remove transistors one by one and check them with my multi-meter.

PS. Not sure you can see the scheme, it gets resized on small screens for some reasons

scheme

Click image for larger version

Name:	HK-AVR255-FR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	872109
  • doubleTrouble
    • Mar 2016

No one? Throwing it out, question closed.

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

sorry, this is a bit of a problem as it is nearly impossible to diagnose such issues without expert knowledge & not having the device 'in hand' to test.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• doubleTrouble
        • Mar 2016

wkhanna
        No problem. Once I fixed computers using an oscilloscope, but currently I don't have one and I forgot everything I new on the subject. Not a big deal.
        Anyway, HK board is of very low quality and cannot easily be used for what I've planned to do.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"