X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baniels
    • Nov 2006

Anyone have an ICBM? Need some help

I have an original Outlaw ICBM. Somewhere in the years of not using it, I misplaced the power supply. I am trying to find a replacement. I have put in word to Outlaw, but I was hoping someone here with one might be able to snap a picture of it.

The specs on the product page aren't clear enough for me to find one. I've tried entering what I could from there onto Mouser, but it yielded no results.

If you have one that is accessible, could you take a picture of the part of the power supply that shows the input/output details/specs?

Thanks in advance.
    L&R Build
    Sub Build
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Okay. Here's the power supplies from my ICBM.

(couldn't resist)
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• baniels
      • Nov 2006

Thanks for the thread bump.

Next...
      L&R Build
      Sub Build

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

A quick search on the web indicates that the power supply is 15VAC, 300 mA...

Mouser Possibility
        Danish

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Aw, you guys are so serious.

No fun...
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• baniels
            • Nov 2006

As stated, I already know the specs listed on the product page. Can you tell me if there are other variables to the power supply spec that I ought to be considering?

Thanks for pointing out that product. Looks promising.

Originally posted by dyazdani
            A quick search on the web indicates that the power supply is 15VAC, 300 mA...

Mouser Possibility
            L&R Build
            Sub Build

Comment

• dyazdani
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

Polarity and the connector size are two obvious things that you will need to sort out. Other than that, I am not a power supply expert, I've only matched the rated outputs for times I've had to come up with a supply.
              Danish

Comment

• baniels
                • Nov 2006

I just spoke with a tech at Outlaw. Apparently the power supply that shipped with these units listed 16VAC on them, and he said anywhere from 15-18VAC would suffice.

I think this means I did not lose the power supply and that either the one I have is broken, or there is something wrong with the unit. I had tried the one I have with 16VAC on it, but it did not turn on the green light. That is what led me to believe I had lost the original.

---------------------------
                UPDATE: The 16VAC wall wart I had appears to be dead.
                Last edited by baniels; 20 October 2011, 14:54 Thursday.
                L&R Build
                Sub Build

Comment

• Glen B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by baniels
                  UPDATE: The 16VAC wall wart I had appears to be dead.
                  I have a never used 16VAC 300mA wall wart power supply that came with my old Monolithic Sound PS2 phono preamp that you can have for free if you want. Just reimburse me for shipping. The only thing is, it has a DIN type connector on the end, so you would have to cut that off and splice on the right connector.

Comment

• baniels
                    • Nov 2006

Wow, Glen. That's a very kind offer. I'm going to dig around a little more this weekend. I'm pretty sure I have a few more wall warts tied up in my ball of miscellaneous cables and wires (we all have one of these, right?). If I can't find one, you may be getting a PM.
                    L&R Build
                    Sub Build

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Originally posted by baniels
                      I'm pretty sure I have a few more wall warts tied up in my ball of miscellaneous cables and wires (we all have one of these, right?)
                      Oh yes, believe me, you aren't the only one. Mine has become an overgrown medium-sized packing box full of them, as time goes by.
                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"