X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Audiogon seems to finally be stable

Each time it appeared that Audiogon was back it turned out to be temporary.
    It looks like it has finally stabilized. I sure hope so cause I really need to finds some used stuff from machina dynamica.
    Especially a bunch of these:

I am thinking they would work best stacked, just one would be a tease.
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

After very careful reading on the white paper explaining the science behind the Machina Dynamica's Promethean Base , I believe that I have a thorough understanding of this piece of audio equipment. I also now understand why not all audiophiles that have either purchased one or attempted a DIY version didn't receive the sonic improvement that isolating solid state electronic always achieves.

First let us examine where the DIYer goes wrong when making a spring based vibration isolating stand, to isolate their solid state equipment that doesn't rely on vibration to turn sound into electricity like ancient TT technology. They take a cursory glance at the Promethean Base and don't read the white paper. Their first instinct is to build it using a fancy wood or stone platform. Thinking they have made an improvement. False, you can use any old piece of wood found on the street. Just like Machina Dynamica's original models. The secret, as clearly stated in the white paper, is the springs.

But, here is where I say BS on the Machina Dynamica's white paper. They are making up the stuff about the custom made springs because they don't want you to be able to duplicate their success. After blowing up their pictures 1000X and running them through my proprietary Photo Shop Filter I can clearly see that these are NOS springs from Russia. That's right, Russian NOS's!!!! As we all know, Russia did not change over to solid state electronics for their aircraft or space vehicles (don't forget they beat us into space) until well after the western world made the change. That is why we still get such great tubes for our audio gear. But, another little known piece to this puzzle is how they continue to beat the West in how much time a astronaut can stay in space. They continue to use spring beds! we changed to memory foam. And, everybody knows the best springs are Russian NOS. New Old Springs. You get your hands on those babies and your solid state gear will no longer do whatever dancing vibrating solid state audio gear does.

Now, here is why some people who do buy from Machina Dymanica haven't seen the success they should. Most audio equipment has some sort of heavy square black thing in it wrapped with a bunch of fine copper wire. Open up your stuff and look, its there. It is very heavy. Sometimes there is more than one side by side, and other stuff too, very heavy. That makes one side of you audio equipment heavier than the other. So, not level. Level is important for eliminating vibration. Now, what you have to do is see what side is slanting down. Lift the piece of equipment straight up so you don't forget what side is down and have your partner rotate the Promethean Base clockwise, unless south of the equator, then rotate counter-clockwise, a full 180°. Now, when you rest your equipment back on the base the heavy side will be on the opposite side of the base. There you go, problem fixed.

So, there you have it a white paper equal to any you can find on the internet explaining how to turn your 30 year old Yamaha pre amp into something that rivals the best that can be bought at any price simply by changing the power cord.

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Truly, Bob has brought the prophecy to its ultimate realization for all audiophiles. Everything I have believed in has vanished in front of my eyes. My little cups with water strategically placed, the wooden candelabras, the meticulously positioned ‘Dots’, the helium filled interconnects and cryogenically treated Egyptian papyrus sleeves I store my LP’s in………….

All of it consumed in the rapture.

I fear….. No…… I know now, for sure……….

My quest for audio nirvana…….

It has all been for not.

Today is in fact the “End of Life as we know it”
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Bob
        • Jul 2000

All of it consumed in the rapture
        So true. I bought brand new white tennis shoes and a bunk bed and didn't get to go.

Comment

• Bob
          • Jul 2000

If you are not from CA the white shoes and bunk beds probably doesn't mean anything.
          Read about it here.

Comment

• Alaric
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

Not from CA , but I assumed a reference to that goofy lookin' guy who did the castration thing while waiting for the mother-ship to get him and his followers? Wonder if they picked him up.
            Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
            Marantz PM-KI Pearl
            Schiit Modi 3
            Marantz CD5005
            Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Bob
              • Jul 2000

Not to make fun of the dead but:

"Heaven's Gate was an American UFO religion based in San Diego, California, founded and led by Marshall Applewhite (1931–1997) and Bonnie Nettles (1928–1985).[1] On March 26, 1997, in a period when Comet Hale-Bopp was at its brightest,[2] police discovered the bodies of 39 members of the group who had committed suicide in order to reach an alien aircraft which was supposedly following the aforementioned comet.[3]"

" Authorities found the dead lying neatly in their own bunk beds, faces and torsos covered by a square, purple cloth. Each member carried a five dollar bill and three quarters in their pockets. All 39 were dressed in identical black shirts and sweat pants, brand new black-and-white Nike Windrunner athletic shoes" :rofl: :rofl:

As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "That's funny I don't care who you are." And I call myself a Christian, "God forgive me and take care of the starving pygmies in China, amen."

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"