Just got featured in the Wall Street Journal (article about vinyl & audiophiles)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • btf1980
    • Aug 2007

Just got featured in the Wall Street Journal (article about vinyl & audiophiles)

An article about vinyl and audiophiles.

Also appears in print today. Personal Journal section, Gadgets pg D5 - lead story.
    A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Back in the dark ages when HT was just beginning and surround sound was just being talked about, Lex and I both frequented a now defunct HT forum. I was told I would be banned from the site if I didn't quit mentioning vinyl or tubes. I was told, "everybody knows solid state is better than tubes and cd's are better than vinyl, end of story."

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

That is so cool!

I assume all the pics are from your place? I recognize your turntable & equipment rack.

Because of one of your earlier posts, I have become somewhat familiar with Fela, and recently saw a documentary that featured his son who has taken over the reins of his fathers former band and continues to perpetuate the same message.

I got a kick out of you being called a ‘record collector’. How do I get a job like that? And when they described your ‘system’ as costing several thousand dollars………………..Well, some of us know better!

Kaddo’s & well done, my friend!
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Isaac
        • Jan 2006

Nice!

Comment

• Johnloudb
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2007

Wow, the Wall Street Journal! Very Cool! Very nice article and very nice system you got there too. That turntable is huge! What kind is it? What speakers are those? I'm guessing B&W but not sure.
          John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Yes, that's his stuff alright. Very very cool!
            Is that you in the picture? (I don't know your real name)
            That's really awesome though. Nice experience huh? :B
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• bigburner
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

Outed!

Nice photo...

Nigel.
              Attached Files

Comment

• btf1980
                • Aug 2007

That is me indeed.

Bowers & Wilkins also featured me on their blog. I suppose I'm on a roll.

A round-up of all our latest blog posts. From A-Z, updates on our brand, music and tech happenings, how-to guides and handy hints, and the latest product stories.

Comment

• Johnloudb
                  Super Senior Member
                  • May 2007

You'll have your own reality show in no time! My Life as an Audiophile
                  John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• btf1980
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Johnloudb
                    You'll have your own reality show in no time! My Life as an Audiophile
                    lol - bring it on I say. Will be better than the trash on the airwaves now. :B

Comment

• Industrial
                      • Mar 2009

Nice, when my CM1's grow up they want to be like your CM9's

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by btf1980
                        That is me indeed. Bowers & Wilkins also featured me on their blog. I suppose I'm on a roll.http://blog.bowers-wilkins.com/hi-fi...p-on-grooving/
                        Nice:T, stay modest :W
                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• audioqueso
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by btf1980
                          That is me indeed.

Bowers & Wilkins also featured me on their blog. I suppose I'm on a roll.

http://blog.bowers-wilkins.com/hi-fi...p-on-grooving/
                          You're on fiya!!!!! :B :B :B
                          Maybe B&W will be your sponsor and give you B&W 800D's to show them off. :T

That's really cool stuff. It must be awesome.
                          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Mike_Schmidt
                            • Mar 2009

we always knew what they (as in the record industry was afraid of) people finding out about the emotional aspect of music that was lost...lets hope that someday they will fix CD. I dont think its the players as much as I do the discs themselves personally. Better player better sound yes but if you look at the CD leaving the recording studio to the mastering phase, well there's the first mistake. There are high quality discs out there reaching $250 a pop! Maybe Im wrong digital is digital but after listening to my Rega last night then going to my Cyrus 8SE CD the first thing I thought of was this sucks and shut er down.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"