X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

Advice on vinyl collection

Hey everyone I have a buddy of mine that has a ton of vinyl. He is planning on getting rid of them and I wanted to help him identify if he had anything that was rare or very sought after by the vinyl audiophiles, so he could get the most of it. Here is a PDF of all of them if anyone cares to look through and help out. Thanks!

-Chuck
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

There's a lot of cool stuff on that list. Search used vinyl dealer Craig Moerer's site by artist name to get an idea of comparable going prices for various titles versus grade. Craig typically sells nothing less than VG+, and my experience is that his grading system is very conservative. What he considers to be VG+ grade is comparable to other dealers' M- grade.

Last edited by Glen B; 05 October 2010, 15:09 Tuesday. Reason: Corrected bad link

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

While that is a nice list, it is pretty typical rock collection. I didn't see anything on the list that is rare or difficult to find.

The individual value of each record will depend on the records condition. The two of you might want to go through them and find which ones have no visible scratches or marks on them and set those aside. The rest will have little value. Donate them to the Goodwill or Salvation Army and get a receipt. The tax write off will be more than what he will get trying to sell them.

Take the ones that look like they are in good condition and take a look at GEMM or Musicstack or Ebay and get some idea of their value. If it looks like it is worth trying to sell them, clean them, put them in new sleeves, stick them on Ebay. Make sure you understand how to grade them properly and grade them fairly.

Even though it is a extensive collection it isn't a valuable collection.

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

Thanks a lot both of you for the suggestions!
        -Chuck

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"