X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • here.now
    • Jun 2008

Any experience with PS Audio?

I have a chance to pick up a vintage PS Audio 200c. It appears to be a good amp but I was looking for more expertise and advice. I can get one for 250$

Deal or No Deal?

Thanks in advance
    -Jeff
    My Stack Rack Build
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Here is a Stereophile review from 1985 on the 200C. link

For a mere $250, I would suggest you just get it if your interested, and see if you like it. If you don’t, there seems to be a loyal following of the brand, and you should not have much trouble getting rid of it.

Of course, I would recommend you arrange to have a grace period to return it to seller in the case that there is some issue with the unit.

As always, JMHO, YMMV.
    Last edited by wkhanna; 10 October 2009, 14:43 Saturday. Reason: correct review date
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• here.now
      • Jun 2008

Was on my way to snag it and someone else picked it up, ended up going for over 500$ when all was said and done. Kinda sad, but I know someone is having a happy night
      My Stack Rack Build

Comment

• wkhanna
        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Great thing about this hobby.......another find is just around the corner. Be patient and keep looking. :T
        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• here.now
          • Jun 2008

For the sake of not starting a new thread...

The guy who had for sale the PS audio amp is now offering me a Yamaha PC2602 in good shape for $300. Has anyone had experience with this amp? I've done some researching and it looks like a solid amp, I'm just not sure of it's value.

Also, I'm looking at an AB Systems Precedent Series 1100A for $420 from a local dealer.

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a solid amp that I'll keep with me for a long time. I listen mainly to 2ch music and have new Nat P's on the way. Am I headed in the right direction?
          My Stack Rack Build

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"