X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Behringer EP-2500's for $250

Don't know hold long this will last but the Guitar Center is offering Behringer EP-2500 for $250. This is the online and in-store price...

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

Whhoooo Hooooo. Free Shipping too. That is the best price I've seen in a while.

Yeah, but what about this non-sense: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post12790120

(though I sort of agree with Kevin's point)
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I'm not into a political discussion here, people can simply cast their vote with their wallet.

Over the years since the EP Series amps were introduced, there have been very few people posting about problems with their amps.

Like any Behringer product it's really not a viable choice for real prosound applications. They do seem to work well for home users.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• NateTTU
        • Jul 2007

Wow, thanks for the link. I've been looking for a deal on these amps for a while now. I had heard they weren't the best amp and didn't give out their rated wattage at all levels but to hear of them not working all together is a little odd. I would suggest looking at the amp tests performed on AVS for a true non biases opinion. They put out close to their rated levels at mostly everything except in the 4 ohm bridged load.

Overall they are still supposed to be pretty decent and for the price they can't be beat. I'm planning on building a TC sonosub and needed something with a good amount of juice to power it and the ep2500 seemed like the logical choice. I can't afford a pro amp with that much power, so thanks for the link.

Nate

Comment

• chasw98
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Went to the web site and tried to put it in the cart. They are sold out. Might check local stores. Out of stock locally at 3 stores near me.

Comment

• NateTTU
            • Jul 2007

I just ordered one, I guess it kept the item in my cart so I just now finished the transaction. However, I'm really thinking this was some sort of mistake and I won't be receiving the item.

Nate

Edit: I think they made a mistake on the listing, it should have been a refurbished item? Try this instead. In any case, the refurb will come with the same warranty so I think it still is a fair price. Better than buying from ebay.

Comment

• CupCak3
              • Oct 2007

oooh nice find. i'm trying to convince myself not to buy another...

Comment

• chasw98
                Super Senior Member
                • Jan 2006

Yep, choosing a refurb from the drop down let me put one in the cart.

Comment

• ---k---
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW
                  I'm not into a political discussion here, people can simply cast their vote with their wallet......
                  Yeah, I know. I've had great luck with the Behringer. But, with that recent post at AVS, I sort of expected someone to ask the question. My attempt was more of a preventive strike, to call it non-sense from the start.

You edit my posts to keep this from becoming an issue. I don't mind.
                  - Ryan

Comment

• impala454
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2007

Sold out
                    -Chuck

Comment

• ThomasW
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

They also have some refurbished one's for $250, these are not sold out as I was able to put one in a cart.
                      Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• NateTTU
                        • Jul 2007

I ordered one of the "new" ep2500s off the original link and I just got my money refunded as of today. I still need one so I will probably go ahead and grab the refurb anyways.

Comment

• littlesaint
                          • Jul 2007

So they're not honoring the sale price? I have an order in for a new one at $250, but I haven't been told yet they are not going to honor it.

UPDATE: I just re-checked my order at their site, and now it shows as a refurb which it wasn't when I placed the order. I'll still take it, but this will be my last order with Guitar Center. This borders on fraud.
                          Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• ---k---
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Nov 2005

No, it was an honest mistake. They are being upfront and canceling the errant orders. It would be fraud if they sent you a refurbished one and called it new.
                            - Ryan

Comment

• impala454
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Oct 2007

What is a standard price for this thing?
                              -Chuck

Comment

• ---k---
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Nov 2005

PE's pricing right now is $349 w/ free shipping.
                                - Ryan

Comment

• littlesaint
                                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ---k---
                                  No, it was an honest mistake. They are being upfront and canceling the errant orders. It would be fraud if they sent you a refurbished one and called it new.
                                  OK, they canceled my order so no big deal. I was thinking they were going to send me a refurb.
                                  Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• NateTTU
                                    • Jul 2007

Even though its a refurb I would suggest to go ahead and get one if you really need it. Prices of EP2500s usually go for around 250 to a little more (with shipping) on ebay and they come with no guarantee. At least with guitar center you can take it back for an exchange if something does go wrong and it comes with a standard warranty. I'm not going to complain that they cancelled my order, but I may just try to see if I can "squeeze" something out of them, coupon or something, whenever I place my order for the refurb.

Comment

• ThomasW
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Aug 2000

$298 with free shippping ...............

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• NateTTU
                                        • Jul 2007

Thats a nice price as well. Slightly off topic, but has anyone heard or tried Mackie amps? The power isn't as much but if its an overall better pro amp the m1400i is around the same price as the ep2500. For my single sonosub application I think 1400 watts is still plenty so now I'm just wondering which is a superior product.

Comment

• armystud0911
                                          • May 2007

Have any of you tried to talk to your local guitar center? Mine sells them to me for $289-299 depending on which person I get, if I buy bulk, I get them for $269 if I get 4 or more. I have bought 7 of them now and I am almost there...

Comment

• jdb
                                            • Aug 2006

NateTTU - I believe the Mackie 1400 is similar to the EP1500.

Comment

• NateTTU
                                              • Jul 2007

Thanks jdb.

Army,
                                              I've never purchased anything from GC so I doubt that would just hand me a discount like that. I may try but the djdeals is a good price without having to pay taxes.

Nate

Comment

Working...
                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                              Search Result for "|||"