Internet Radio - What's Your Favorite Station?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Internet Radio - What's Your Favorite Station?

Okay, time for a new thread...I've been listening to a lot of Internet radio lately (via my Logitech Transporter and Duet), and wanted to share one of my favorites.

When I was in college at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, there was a cutting-edge alternative rock station (97X) that was very well regarded, and even garnered national acclaim. Sometime after I graduated and moved on, they decided to shut down the local station and go Internet-only (long story...which you can read about here). Anyway, I've recently rediscovered them after many years, and they now have two varieties: WOXY (Cincinnati, OH) and WOXY - Vintage (Cincinnati, OH).

Both transmit at 128K and have great sound. The former plays current alternative, and the latter plays the stuff I remember from my college days (mid-80's). Good stuff indeed, so I just thought I'd share.
    Attached Files
    Brad
  • r100gs
    • May 2005

This is my favorite http://www.sky.fm/smoothjazz/
    Jay

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Brad , here's one for ya'! WSHE. What's left of a rock icon from the 70s in Ft. Liqourdale. http://archive.nowlive.com/desktop/d...x?id=100241936

Have it on now.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Blindamood
        • Sep 2003

Searched WSHE on my Transporter, but it's not finding it. I think that's the greatest challenge in Internet radio...how to easily locate good stations.
        Brad

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I second Thomas' suggestion of Live-Radio. It's a great site for finding what you are looking for. :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"