X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

In remembrance of a fellow member, and a precious friend

Some of you who have been here a while may remember one of our more enthusiastic fellow members who used to post quite often.

Bob, aka Zmanbands, was a great lover of music, and was equally enthusiastic and selfless about sharing this passion with everyone. Bob was also passionate about life, and lived it with the zeal and dedication that set an example to anyone who had the good fortune to be his friend. I feel ever so lucky to have been counted as one of them.

I found out today, from Bob’s brother, that he passed last week after a Herculean effort in a mortal battle with esophageal cancer. In fact, he had beaten it once already, and no one doubted that round two would not deliver the same outcome. Sadly, it was not to be.

Dan (PewterTA) and I last visited Bob at his house just a few months ago for a typically good-time listening session. As usual, Bob was the consummate host providing a great meal (he was a V good cook - another passion of his) and an endless supply of libations.

Over two years ago, I bought Bob’s Rotel RB 990 power amp, and unbeknownst to me it was at at the onset of his relapse when I also purchased his Rotel RB 1090. It is a bit of a double-edged sword right now. But the 1090 will probably be the last main amp I ever have. As such, for as long as I am able to drop the stylus on one of my precious LP’s, Bob’s love of music, kindness and his friendship will always be with me.

A Pic of Bob's System

link to Bob's profile
    Last edited by wkhanna; 08 July 2009, 18:15 Wednesday.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

Bill, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't say I saw any of his posts ... I used to spend all my time in the Mission Possible DIY section. But, he certainly sounds like a peach of guy. Rest in peace Bob.
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Damn. I'm really sorry to hear this. RIP , Bob.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• bigburner
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

Bill you have my sympathy.

I know about this illness. One year ago yesterday I lost my oldest and dearest friend to esophageal cancer. I followed his every step - up and down - over his 14 month battle. He was 54 and we were friends for 45 years.

Nigel.

Comment

• twitch54
          • Apr 2006

RIP, hopefully the day will come (soon please) when we as a world can rid ourselves of that cruel disease
          Dave

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Very sad.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• 1oldguy
              • Dec 2008

Death really pisses me off.I hate it when decent people pass away.
              A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Bill and Dan, the next time you and get together hoist one in Bob's memory for us all. Rest in peace.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• btf1980
                  • Aug 2007

How unfortunate. I remember his posts. May he R.I.P.
                  A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Always tough to hear of loss of our friends. thanks for letting us know. I seem to remember his username.
                    Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• sirbogey
                      • Mar 2006

yeap, I remember that pic.... R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"