X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StretchZep
    • Aug 2005

Best Blu Ray yet.........Ever?

Well here we go guys. I think I have quite possibly discovered the find of the year. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on SOUND STAGE. Picked it up Sunday at SEARS no less. I don't know where to begin. Lets just say if you don't have it GET it! If you do have it I am preaching to the choir. I have the Tom Petty Box Set and listen to it when the mood srikes. Not a huge Petty fan but do like his stuff that has not been played to death on top forty. Saw him in 2008 mainly to see Winwood who opened for him. The Show was good but nothing that gave me goose bumps. This DVD gave me goose bumps and actually brought tears to my eyes on Melinda. This DVD is probably the most polished best recorded DVD on the market today. The color on the stage is un-freakingbelievabl. No I am NOT kidding! The two songs that will blow you away are Melinda and Two Men Talking. I HIGHLY recomend this disc to anyone who truely enjoys REAL music. Let me know what you all think.

PS I have the Steve Miller DVD that I picked up at his concert last year and is is something else also! Got to love Steve! this DVD is not Blue ray but is high def and amazing also.
    [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Sincerely Dave :^x
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Huh... interesting. Has anyone else seen it, that can add their own two cents?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

allmusic.com gives it a pretty positive review: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:3pfqxq9sldde

Nigel.

Comment

• Alloroc
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

My bluray music collection stretches to the following...

Brucie - The Seeger Sessions - Live in Dublin - Probably the best looking and sounding concert bd in my collection.

The Who - Kilburn 1977

Jethro Tull - Montreux 2003

U2 Rattle and Hum

Led Zep - The Song Remains The Same

Dave Gilmour

&

The Last Waltz... (my favourite music bd/dvd ever - still can't be beat!)

That Tom Petty bd is definitly one for my list, tho'....
        Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• kvardas
          • Dec 2005

I had the Tom Petty performance recorded on my DVR. Stunning is an appropriate work to describe it.

Comment

• bigburner
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

Originally posted by Alloroc
            Brucie - The Seeger Sessions - Live in Dublin - Probably the best looking and sounding concert bd in my collection.
            Tell me Vincent, do you think that this concert is a genuine live recording? I have the standard DVD and it sounds like most of it was recorded in the studio. I know that a lot of artists fix their mistakes and make improvements in the studio but this DVD seems to take that rework to the extreme.

What do you think?

Nigel.

Comment

• Alloroc
              Super Senior Member
              • Dec 2005

Hi Nigel,

Well it's hard to say I suppose. You see, the DVD/BD is cut over three nights in Dublin's Point Theater. I was there on the second night and all I can say was that the concert was one of the most pleasurable nights entertainment ever. It was also a genuinly joyous performance where there was a real sense that the musicians were enjoying themselves as much as the audience. That certainly come accross on the edit - but the edit itself does seem a little choppy. There was a massive amout of on stage banter and high jinx and most of that was cut too.

I never picked up on that though and it's a while since I gave it a whirl - I must have another listen.

Ultimatly though, it the first music DVD that I have where I was in the audience so I'm probably looking for different things.
              Vincent.

Comment

• bigburner
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Alloroc
                it the first music DVD that I have where I was in the audience
                I can only claim one instance - the Led Zeppelin concert at Earls Court in 1975.

This subject might make a good thread - a separate thread of course because I never go off topic!

Nigel.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Alloroc
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bigburner
                  I can only claim one instance - the Led Zeppelin concert at Earls Court in 1975.

This subject might make a good thread - a separate thread of course because I never go off topic!

Nigel.
                  I have that DVD and Led Zep are my all time favourite band. Ever. I'm jealous now. Although, I was only 4 at the time!
                  Vincent.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"