• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Krell S300i

Krell S300i

I thought that this was a great deal until I found out that this thing is "Manufactured in China"

Here goes the High End exorbitant prices for Made in China at least if it was made in the US, Canada, Japan or Europe I could understand but made in a Country where labor cost is 1/10 of the US come on....
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

I am making it a strict policy to no longer make any big ticket purchases that are made in china. This is now a life long commitment.

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Vancouver
      I am making it a strict policy to no longer make any big ticket purchases that are made in china. This is now a life long commitment.
      I agree they still use slave labor as well as child labor Same with India, US companies in both of these country should mandate against that.

Again Ethics any one, of course not that is why we are in the mess we are in!!!!

Greed
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• SoCalCM
        • Oct 2007

I'm not sure if we can escape the Chinese empire -- how many of the transistors and circuit boards and transformers etc. etc. inside the products from even the very most expensive audio components are made in China? For example, how much of my Ayre C-5xe is really American made, how much of my Classe CA2200 is really made in Canada?

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by SoCalCM
          I'm not sure if we can escape the Chinese empire -- how many of the transistors and circuit boards and transformers etc. etc. inside the products from even the very most expensive audio components are made in China? For example, how much of my Ayre C-5xe is really American made, how much of my Classe CA2200 is really made in Canada?
          That is a very good point, it is assembled in Canada for now :B Many of the parts are imported and probably few from the US.

There should be a disclaimer on all products including electronics, that state the % of country of origin 8O

Did you know that many products have less that 1% part made in the USA but the manufacture can stamp a label MADE IN USA.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"