X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don
    • Feb 2003

Made in China

I recently auditioned the rmb 1075 (thinking of buying).
    The dealer told me that the components are made by Rotel in England but assembled only in China. Is this correct? :?:

I have a few bad experiences with items that were made in China.

Any info is appreciated.
  • greggz
    • Jun 2002

Rotel equipment is manufactured in Hong Kong (now officially called China) at a Rotel-owned and managed factory. There are, however, a few components of the power supply made in the UK.

Gregg
    Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• dsmith
      • Jan 2003

I believe Hong Kong has always been a part of China, even when it was under British control.

dsmith

Comment

• sndtowne
        • Jan 2003

>

Problems can result when any company simply "bids out" the manufacture of (any product) and accepts the lowest bid - having little control over quality control and the final outcome of the product. I refer to these companies ("brands") as marketing companies - not manufacturers.

Being "made in China" in and of itself is not a bad thing. Since Rotel owns and manages the factory where its amplifiers are built, it is simply a matter of economics. I don't see a down side. The long term reputation, performance, and reliability of Rotel products themselves are the proof.

Bruce
        Bruce

Comment

• Rock Dog
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by sndtowne
          >

Problems can result when any company simply "bids out" the manufacture of (any product) and accepts the lowest bid - having little control over quality control and the final outcome of the product. I refer to these companies ("brands") as marketing companies - not manufacturers.

Being "made in China" in and of itself is not a bad thing. Since Rotel owns and manages the factory where its amplifiers are built, it is simply a matter of economics. I don't see a down side. The long term reputation, performance, and reliability of Rotel products themselves are the proof.
          Couldn't have said it better than Bruce.

Any company worth it's salt. Will manufacture a quality product regardless of geography. Especially if you keep control of the environment. ROTEL's reputation speaks for itself.

One of the things (along these lines) that sold me on my gear, aside from the reputation and audition. Was that ROTEL makes their own transformers. Keeping complete control of one of the major components.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"