X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

McIntosh MCP1500 power conditioner

Apparently, Mac has now climbed onboard the power conditioner bandwagon. While surfing the Net I stumbled upon the MCP1500 Power Controller, the heart of which is a Plitron Lo-No isolation transformer.

• scarpi
    • Jul 2008

Nice looking piece of gear. But I think my Panamax Max 5510 does the same thing including the analog volt and amp meters. But I bet the Mac cost alot more than the Panamax.

Comment

• Johnloudb
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2007

The Panamax 5510 has a transformer that is half the power rating (750VA) of the Mac conditioner (1350VA). So using the Panamax's isolated outputs with a big power amp would be a bad idea.

I'm sure the Mac is pricey though, I think all there stuff is. But, if you got the money and like the Mac gear look. :T
      John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• scarpi
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Johnloudb
        The Panamax 5510 has a transformer that is half the power rating (750VA) of the Mac conditioner (1350VA). So using the Panamax's isolated outputs with a big power amp would be a bad idea.

I'm sure the Mac is pricey though, I think all there stuff is. But, if you got the money and like the Mac gear look. :T
        The 5510 has isolated banks for source equipment (cd, dvd etc. ) and it also has high current banks for power amps. I do agree with you John on not plugging in an amp that draws alot of current into the Panamax. I found that out personally. I used to have my B&K Ref 200.5 plugged into the high current bank of my 5510 and the amp draws so much current at turn on that the 5510 would shut off the power to all my gear. I've since retified the problem by having a dedicated 20 amp line installed just for my amp and only plugging the rest of my gear into the 5510. I bought a Panamax 20 amp surge suppresor just for my amp line so it is protected (we get alot of thunderstorms in July and August here). :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"