X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobbpa
    • Apr 2005

Radio/CD Player for the kitchen?

What do you guys have / approve of? Looking for a Christmas gift for my father, hoping to spend <$200 and have something that sounds great, plays cds, and receives AM/FM--hopefully in HD. Any suggestions or thoughts??
  • H.T.C
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by cobbpa
    What do you guys have / approve of? Looking for a Christmas gift for my father, hoping to spend <$200 and have something that sounds great, plays cds, and receives AM/FM--hopefully in HD. Any suggestions or thoughts??
    try these systems:
    bostonacoustics.com or cambridgesoundworks.com and klipsch.com may have something also.
    Robert

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Bose? (just kidding)
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

I have no idea what the Bose cost, but that little soundwave (or whatever it's called) is not a bad sounding unit for the size. But like most Bose, I'm sure it's overpriced.
        How much are you willing to spend? One unit I heard not too long ago was this flat wall unit by Marantz, CR201. It's meant to be hung on the wall (but it can stand upright as well), and sounds REALLY good for what it is.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• cobbpa
          • Apr 2005

Was hoping to end up around $200 at the most. I'll have to look for that Marantz piece, thanks Queso

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Oh, the Marantz is around $500ish.

In that price, look at Boston Acoustics or Cambridge as recommended. They both make great products. I've never heard either, but they are trust worthy brands.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"