X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RACER4551
    • Apr 2004

Satellite radio for the home theater?

Ok i have been wanting to add fm radio to my home theater system and am confused on what would be the best setup to incorporate into my system which is comprised of separates.I have been looking into satellite radio home setups,i am concerned primarily with the sound quality of these units when incorporated into home theaters as i have never heard any of these systems on a home theater setup.I noticed that the receivers i have looked at online dont have digital outputs only analog or did i miss something or doesnt having a digital output matter as far as sound output quality on these units.Or would it be better to use something else or a different setup to get the fm radio setup i am after,like a media receiver through the computer?Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • RACER4551
    • Apr 2004

Must not be alot of people interested in sat. radio?Any suggestions on adding fm radio tuner to my home theater,which currently i have a rotel tuner that i am not satisfied with.I dont get very good reception because i dont have an outdoor antenna either.This setup is located in my basement hometheater setup.I was looking at the kenwood sirius sat. radio tuner with the terk sir6 outdoor antenna which would mount to my sat. tv antenna.Am i wasting my time and money here to get good fm radio with the sat. radio setup or is there a better way to go here.I will have about 330.00 dollars in the sat. radio setup.I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with the kenwood sat radio (dt-7000s) and what kind of quality to expect.

Comment

• Paul H
      • Feb 2004

I suspect you've not gotten any replies because most people here don't listen to fm much on their good audio gear because fm sound quality is poor, no matter where you live and what antenna and tuner you're using.

I doubt that the sound will be improved at all by changing tuners if you've got a rotel, but if your signal strength is low an external antenna or even a better interior antenna may help.

Paul

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
        • Jan 2002

If you are looking for satellite radio try XM Radio which is commercial free and if you prepay 5 years only cost $7.48 per month. We have this in our home although it's not in our home theater room but rather in our palm room for more or less background music. We also have it where we can select our outdoor speakers for music outside. It's fabulous. I have it in my truck as well via an Alpine 9815 and I couldn't live without it now that I've had it for a few years. I can't tell you when the last time I listened to FM radio.

The quality is good... it slaughters the best FM there is. I wouldn't go so far to say it's on the same level with CD but it's close if you are not so critical.

They make various kinds of receivers... some you can switch between vehicle, house, and boombox or a permanent home or permanent vehicle receiver as well.

Comment

• RACER4551
          • Apr 2004

Thanks for the replys,i am just looking for something better than the old standby fm tuners and stations.I am not expecting audiophile sound,just something between regular old fm radio and redbook cd quality.I dont really like to listen to radio alot but when i do i just dont like weak,static filled radio and the same old same old music.I think i am going to take the plunge and purchase the kenwood dt-7000s and the terk sir6 antenna and see how it sounds through the rotel 1066.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"