X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orbifold
    • Jun 2006

Sharing my Joy!

:T
    So I've been listening to my system now for over a year. The speakers are the Dayton RS TMWW's from the great bunch in Mission Possible, and I managed on my limited budget to pick up a Denon 3806, and because the speakers are 4ohm, I went with the Behringer A500 (I said limited :roll:, )which brings up the headroom even tho it ain't as hi-Q as many of you are accustomed to enjoying. :B Thanks to Thomas, JM, Dennis Murphy, ;x( ;x( ;x(
    I definitely began to prefer flac, or .m4a's in my case because of iTunes.
    Then on Father's Day, the kids and the wife got me a Panasonic 42" Viera, a Monster power unit, and a PS3--for Blu-Ray. Triple :B :B :B :T
    I have only just started to use the blu-ray. I found out I could rip things to the (40GB) drive.
    Let me tell you, nothing has helped this system like using the PS3 as a source. As you know, poor source material=a system is a terrible thing to waste! But my experience is normal CD's either played, or ripped at 320K AAC on this thing are just about TWICE as enjoyable as the lossless stuff i run from iTunes. They are clear, and I get the impression that nothing but the audio the mics picked up is there. Like everything else is dead, you know? I still have to tweak some things, but am waiting till I finish a sub and the center TMWW, and can tweak them all together. Last night I ripped the Led Remasters I cd and it was not in good condition, but no problem!
    Miles, Monk, Shostakovich, 70's rock. I LOVE the Lighting Hopkins LA Blues from lastnight.
    Now I have to see if I can use a USB drive with this thing. Will let you know if that works.

Happy Dave :B
    Don't fight, don't argue... If you stay healthy and wait by the river, you'll see all your enemies float by, one by one!

Anonymous
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Great story!

Like most things in life, with this hobby you get out what you put in.
    All your work and patience is now paying off.

Witness the birth of our newest audiophile. :assimilate:

Welcome to the obsession!
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Johnloudb
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2007

Originally posted by orbifold

Miles, Monk, Shostakovich, 70's rock. I LOVE the Lighting Hopkins LA Blues from lastnight.
      Now I have to see if I can use a USB drive with this thing. Will let you know if that works.

Yay! :clap: I love Shostakovich ... and Bruckner, and so on ...

Classical music is not dead! :-y

Congrats on your system. :T
      John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• Russ L
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by orbifold
        :T

Then on Father's Day, the kids and the wife got me a Panasonic 42" Viera, a Monster power unit, and a PS3--for Blu-Ray. Triple :B :B :B :T

Lucky you! Those Panny Vieras are great displays. Was VERY tempted to purchase one myself. Enjoy the upgraded pics and sound
        Russ

Comment

• orbifold
          • Jun 2006

Yes, WK, the dark side IS sweet!
          And ditto Br-r-ruckner, and throw in Sibelius, Martinu, Chausson for some less heard, non-tripleB stuff, John!
          Don't fight, don't argue... If you stay healthy and wait by the river, you'll see all your enemies float by, one by one!

Anonymous

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"