iTunes (w/error correct on) vs. EAC (exact audio copy) for accurate .wav files on PC?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britchie
    • Nov 2003

iTunes (w/error correct on) vs. EAC (exact audio copy) for accurate .wav files on PC?

Does anyone have experience with EAC (http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/eac11.html) Exact Audio Copy and/or iTunes from Apple?

I am in the process of archieving my CD collection as Wave files (.wav) and started using iTunes with the error correction turned on (Slow!) but heard EAC's program was the most accurate application for reading/copying redbook audio CD's. It is not as easy to use as iTunes but if it is more accurate it would be worth learning.

Does anyone know if Itunes with error correction turned on will give me an identical copy of redbook cd's or should I use EAC to create the wave files?

Thanks,

Brad
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I use EAC all the time. It's extremely simple to use, just create a destination folder, chose the source files, and bang it does it's thing. If your computer is fast, EAC is fast.

I use EAC anytime I want the best wav files possible.

Can't comment out iTunes, the pricing on anything by made Apple makes me mad....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Britchie
      • Nov 2003

Do you have the freedb dowloaded locally for EAC or do you query it each time? It was slow when I tried to use it inline last time.

I tried to download it (250MB) but IE didn't make it. I need to get some FTP software and try again.

Also, are there any particular settings that you change from default? What about error correction? Do you turn it on w/in EAC?

I looked this program over and there was a bunch of stuff that I didn't understand so thanks for your help. I want the best possible quality and space is irrelavant to me so any suggestions you can make are appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

The questions were answered via email.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Britchie
          • Nov 2003

Have you tried iTunes from Apple?

It's Naming DB is alot laster and it organizes the files into folders for each album (nice feature). I've used EAC a few times now and it seems much more sophisticated (also difficult). I haven't been able to notice a difference in quality. The speed of the two programs is pretty close too.

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Have you tried iTunes from Apple?
            Nope, EAC does everything I need.

I'm not archiving CD's to a hard drive. I make CD copies as I need them, and have no need for anyone's database.

I use the default settings for EAC, just aim it at the CD, and a destination file on the HD. It doesn't get much easier than that.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"