Hifinews - June 2008 - Review of the Meridian Signature Reference 808.2 CD player

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Hifinews - June 2008 - Review of the Meridian Signature Reference 808.2 CD player

Here's the link:

• Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

So they didn't like it then :W

Its always nice to read a good review of a product that you own and love - although I think yours is the previous model Shadow.

There is a little bit of revenge in this story from a little english hifi company that also makes a cracking cost no object CD player.

Meridian is the Bentley of Audio. ops: Would that be the Bentley that comes with a Naim audio system. I should admit some bias at this point. I own a Naim player, although a relatively humble one.

Its always good to hear that someone is extractiing more from CD as it is my format of choice and probably will be for another 10 years I suspect.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• ShadowZA
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Briz vegas
      ... CD as it is my format of choice and probably will be for another 10 years I suspect.
      It's my format of choice too. Although I live in "hope" that great studio recordings will sometime in the near future make their way to Blu-ray and utilize all the benefits that this disc can offer. Not likely. That said, there's probably more room for recording quality improvement regarding current redbook CD offerings.

Yeah, I have the previous model 808, V1.

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

At one level it does seem a little strange that Meridian and Naim are putting such effort into the CD format when technology is able to provide us with better sound now. We have the convenient medium, we have the technology to do it relatively cheaply, there is no barrier to the market (NIN provide 24/96 files for free on the net although I do not have a DAC to do that sort of resolution justice).

I guess high def will come one day, but for now CD will have to do. I'm pretty sure that I did not waste my money on my current 12 mth old player. It may or may not be my last CD player.
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"