X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jnorth1178
    • Feb 2006

Line Conditioners?

Iam new to Line Conditioners. My dealer handles the Panamax line and is offering me the Max 5510 for my Stereo set up which includes PrimaLuna pre and amps, and B&W 804s speakers. I would appreciate any evaluation you can give me on the Line conditioner. Thanks. JNorth1178
  • littlesaint
    • Jul 2007

Do you have dirty power in your house? If not, a line conditioner serves no real purpose. If it doubles as a surge protector, many amp manufacturers nix the idea of using these as most well built amps include their own protection circuits, and whole house protection is ultimately better and possibly cheaper.
    Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• GregLett
      • May 2005

I don't know much about the Panamax line, but I would say that a good line conditioner is a must. It is true that many amp manufacturers do not want you to put their amps behind conditioners, but the reality is that the power to your house is not that clean these days. There are way too many things outside and inside of your home that inject noise into the ac line. while some equipment will handle the noise better than others, I would say it's best not to have that noise reach your equipment at all.

A whole house solution is great at eliminating outside noise but not for the appliances that generate noise inside of your house. I don't think you have to go nuts with the conditioning either. I currently use an APC unit that only cost a few hundred dollars. I don't think you need to spend thousands on a unit.
      Greg

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"