X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paintguy
    • Jan 2008

Looking to purchase new equipment

I have been searching for new equipment. I have low end stuff now, and I am looking at moving up into the higher end bracket. I currently have the standard 5.1 surround with bose components, and a pioneer receiver. BUT, and that is a big BUT, I love the vinyl that I have. I listen to more vinyl, and CD's than I do a movie through my system. And I do own a on my blue ray. I am discovering that I enjoy my music more than anything, and I am going to purchase some new equipment to enjoy my digital and vinyl music. I am looking into purchasing anthem and paradigm pieces. I am not worried about surround anymore, so I am going with the TLP-1 and DV-2 preamp and amp along with the studio 100 speakers. Any suggestions, constructive criticism, ideas, opinions? I am open to all ideas.
  • twitch54
    • Apr 2006

While Anthem is well regarded in the HT field it's following in the two channel arena is next to nill.

Bottom line is , they are your ears, if you like it then by all means go for it.

I would sugget though, don't rush, listen to as many combinations as you are able. Your speaker selection will be the most impotant.

There are alot of folks out there, myself included, that like the combination of a tube pre-amp with SS amplification.
    Last edited by twitch54; 21 January 2008, 20:38 Monday.
    Dave

Comment

• paintguy
      • Jan 2008

thanks. I am looking for a softer sound. The highs were kind of harsh when I heard the anthem components. But I am sure I could tone it down also.

Comment

• M3-SRT8
        • Jan 2008

Try a PrimaLuna ProLogue Three tube preamp. Great sound & quality, very highly regarded product. Pricing very easy on the wallet.

LJB 8)

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"