X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prashanth957
    • Dec 2007

stereo amp for Polk Rti 10

Hello everyone
    Am buyin the new polk RtiA7(rti10) -300w rms,89db. I'll be usin 'em for music.So please suggest me a good stereo amp which will match these speakers.I heard 'em with denon pma-1500 Ae (70 watts)-not very satisfied.Am considerin the NAd c372 -150 watts ,rotel ra 06 (70 watts), ra 1062(60 watts).Please suggest if ther s any other amp which will drive these speakers to their full potential.
    My room size is 16 ft x 12ft. and I Listen to all genres.
    Thank you.
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Try the Rotel RC-1070 pre/RB-1070 amp (130w/ch)combo. A very nice set for the $$. The phono stage in the pre is worth the money alone. I used this set for my B&W N804 initally and have since upgraded to the RC-1090/RB-1092 combo.

Comment

• dknightd
      • Mar 2006

I'd suggest an amp that can deliver at least 200 watts of high current. An rb-1080 or adcom 5500 should work fine. You can of course spend more, and the result might be worth it. A 300-400 watt amp might be better. My advice is to have the amp be able to give you more power than you are likely to want - a distorting amp is not a good thing IMO

Comment

• twitch54
        • Apr 2006

the fact that you didn't like the denon probably has more to do with it's sonic signature than the seventy watts. You have many options for which to choose.....what is your budget ? would you consider tube amplification ?

Your room is fairly small so I would think 100-200 watts would do fine, something stabe (the ability to "double down") would be good.

FWIW, I can recomend without reservation in the SS camp....Plinius
        and for tubes that perform well beyond their price point.... Rogue Audio

Yes, I make these recomendations because I own them and couldn't be happier !!
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"