X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jnorth1178
    • Feb 2006

What is the difference?

HERE IS THE QUESTION. i DON'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND IT ELSEWHERE: is there the same designation for the B&W 804 as there is for the 805. The later 805 is called 805s. Is there an 804s? If so how does it differ from the 804? Thanks for your help. JBNorth1178
  • ChrisssB
    • Feb 2006

There's a 804N (nautilus) which is the older version
    There's also a 804S which is the current version

what they have in common: they are great speakers
    what's different?: the new version has 1st order crossovers, rohacell bass drivers etc...

hope this helps

Comment

• Jnorth1178
      • Feb 2006

What's the difference?

I appreciate your response, Bhrisssb, but, being a neophite in the audio field, I am not clear as to the differences you pointed out. I guess what I would really like to know is whether one would hear a noticeable difference between the 804n and the 804s? JBNorth1178

Comment

• ChrisssB
        • Feb 2006

One will surely notice a difference between 804N and 804S.
        The fact is that both are great sounding speakers, but which one will be more desired (what you would like most) has to do with personal taste and electronics used.
        In any case try to find a way to listen to them, then you will know for sure which one is best for you!
        Regards Chris

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

I wouldn't say you'll surely notice a difference. There are a lot of people that can not tell the difference between an onkyo HT system and a nice set of speakers let alone something as close as the 804n's and the 804s's. But I agree with the suggestion auditioning is the best method. Especially if you can get a home audition as there are no surprises you know exactly how they sound in your home.

Comment

• Jnorth1178
            • Feb 2006

Well, I finally made the leap. I ordered the 804s yesterday. Stereo One had to order new speakers for me. Reason: A father and his little fellow came in to the store last week and while neither the father or the salesperson was looking the little demon took off the grill from both 804s and poked his finger thru the speakers. No comment. I love kids == most of the time. Hope i have made a good choice. I now have a pair of great 805s for sale Anyone interested? JNorth1178

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"