X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fattner
    • Nov 2007

New to the forum,hi to everyone!!!

I just wanted to say hi to everyone here on this audio forum.my name is Harry and my system (was my dream system) I have Mac intosh MC252 amp(2 of them in mono 500wt/ch),Mac c45, pre-amp/mac 205 cd changer,project-debutIII w/ ortphon mm20(purchased used on audiogon) and maggies 3.6-I dont know a bunch of technical stuff or how to spellling LOL ,I just follow my ear .Anyway I just want to get your take on hybid/sacd(wow-today was my first time listening to one )my cd player is only a standard one and I was sure impressed on how analoge it sounds ,ps the sacd/hybrid is the new Nutcracker (kunzel,Cincinnati "pops" recorded at the Cincinnati Music Hall 09/11/06,Telac sacd-60674.look if cd's can sound like that I should dump my TT and purchase a really nice /value too/sacd/hdcd player .Anyway I sat down and truely was shocked ,any suggestions on a player or music for that matter.Thanks for letting me join. ;x( Harry
  • jack667
    • Jul 2007

Welcome
    B&W 683. Advantage S-101. Mac Mini. 53,000 tunes.

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Welcome, Harry!
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• twitch54
        • Apr 2006

Harry, Welcome ! yes indeed well recorded / mastered SACD's can sound quite superb, but.......... I wouldn't give up on your analog. Your ProJect table is a fine entry level piece but should not be compared to finer SACD playback. I suppose allot depends on how much you have invested in your analog "library". If your vinyl collection is small then maybe you would rather commit $$ into digital ???? For me my $$$ allocation goes 60/40 (analog/digital)

BTW, I noticed your from Tehachapi, A very famous railroad location in Ca.
        the infamous "Tehachapi Loop"
        Dave

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Hi!! :later:
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Welcome to the Guide Fattner! Nice system!
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• avrtRick
              • Oct 2007

Welcome Harry,

I hope you have a geat time in the forum family.
              All the best on your AV journey.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"