X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregLett
    • May 2005

The PrimaLuna ProLogue Eight

I would love to hear this.

High-fidelity music systems. Precision selected rare tubes. We treat your system like it's our own. This is Music Illuminated.
    Greg
  • Joey_V
    • Jul 2005

Looks nice Greg! Bet it would add even more texture to the Logans.
    Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
    Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• M3-SRT8
      • Jan 2008

Me too...

I'm just breaking in one of PrimaLuna's DiaLogue Two integrated amps, and it is sweet. The CD Player I have attached is in way over it's head, and the ProLogue Eight would seem to be the correct match, performance as well as cosmetics.

I know, I'm not supposed to be concerned with cosmetics, but, there it is. One of the reasons I purchased the DiaLogue Two is it's relative cheep price, great reviews, and, it's snarfy good looks.

Anybody else have one of these?

LJB 8)

Comment

• GregLett
        • May 2005

Originally posted by M3-SRT8
        Me too...

I'm just breaking in one of PrimaLuna's DiaLogue Two integrated amps, and it is sweet. The CD Player I have attached is in way over it's head, and the ProLogue Eight would seem to be the correct match, performance as well as cosmetics.

I know, I'm not supposed to be concerned with cosmetics, but, there it is. One of the reasons I purchased the DiaLogue Two is it's relative cheep price, great reviews, and, it's snarfy good looks.

LJB 8)
        Welcome LJB :welcome:

I have the Prologue Three Preamp. I'm curious to see what features the dialog three will have. I think it will be out soon. And Hey you should be concerned with cosmetics

What Player and speakers do you have?
        Greg

Comment

• george_k
          • Jan 2004

Greg,

What is your opinion of the prologue 3 have you compared it to other preamps?

It's on my "to compare" list but honestly for the price it sells here in Canada ($1795 before taxes), I could get a used Cary SLP-98.

Comment

• M3-SRT8
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by GregLett
            Welcome LJB :welcome:

I have the Prologue Three Preamp. I'm curious to see what features the dialog three will have. I think it will be out soon. And Hey you should be concerned with cosmetics

What Player and speakers do you have?
            Just a cheepee Toshiba single play, older model. It's in way over it's head here. I might get an NAD C 525 BEE as a el cheapo, but good, CD PLayer to loosen up the system, pending the arrival of some, as of yet determined, Tube CD Player.

The speakers are KEF's iQ9's, in Dark Walnut. I know KEF is (according to the crowd) on the comeback trail, but, I remember their reputation from the 80's when I used to sell against it, as the ADS Rep. They sound just great. Sweet, extended in the upper frequencies without becoming harsh. The bass is well sorted and extended. They image like no other speaker I'm aware of. VERY wide & deep soundstage, and you don't have to have your head locked in a vise at a predetermined focal plane. Their fit and finish is superb, and their boat tailed tower shape is quite pleasing. They look great in the living room.

Thanks fer the welcome;

LJB 8)

Comment

• GregLett
              • May 2005

Originally posted by george_k
              Greg,

It's on my "to compare" list but honestly for the price it sells here in Canada ($1795 before taxes), I could get a used Cary SLP-98.
              Go for the SLP-98. The 3 is a nice preamp, but I had the opportunity to compare it to my friends SLP-98, and I liked the Cary more. I felt the Cary gave me a much smoother sound. I've had the 3 for two years, and I'm ready to go to the next level in preamps.
              Greg

Comment

• M3-SRT8
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by george_k
                Greg,

I heard the ProLogue Three preamp, with a pair of ProLogue Sixes, driven by their ProLogue Eight CD Player, thru a pair of Focal towers. Very impressive. The EL34 Sixes were a but loose in the lower octaves on some material, which is expected, but, overall, their stuff is a bargain, considering the performance, fit and finish, and quality.

LJB 8)

Comment

• GregLett
                  • May 2005

I heard the ProLogue Three preamp, with a pair of ProLogue Sixes, driven by their ProLogue Eight CD Player, thru a pair of Focal towers. Very impressive. The EL34 Sixes were a but loose in the lower octaves on some material, which is expected, but, overall, their stuff is a bargain, considering the performance, fit and finish, and quality.

LJB 8)
                  The review does state that pieces mate well together. I never got the chance to hear the amps with my pre.
                  Greg

Comment

• GregLett
                    • May 2005

Just a cheepee Toshiba single play, older model. It's in way over it's head here. I might get an NAD C 525 BEE as a el cheapo, but good, CD PLayer to loosen up the system, pending the arrival of some, as of yet determined, Tube CD Player.

The speakers are KEF's iQ9's, in Dark Walnut. I know KEF is (according to the crowd) on the comeback trail, but, I remember their reputation from the 80's when I used to sell against it, as the ADS Rep. They sound just great. Sweet, extended in the upper frequencies without becoming harsh. The bass is well sorted and extended. They image like no other speaker I'm aware of. VERY wide & deep soundstage, and you don't have to have your head locked in a vise at a predetermined focal plane. Their fit and finish is superb, and their boat tailed tower shape is quite pleasing. They look great in the living room.

Thanks fer the welcome;

LJB 8)

Try the Jolida CD player. I owned that and sold it to get the Cambridge Audio player. I've since regretted that decision.
                    Greg

Comment

• M3-SRT8
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by GregLett
                      Try the Jolida CD player. I owned that and sold it to get the Cambridge Audio player. I've since regretted that decision.
                      I'm the Yamaha Rep, and one of their new CD-S2000 SACD players just came into my office for evaluation. I read a European review not too long ago and they gushed approval on it. I'll hook it up this weekend.

LJB 8)

Comment

• AlanB
                        • Nov 2006

Me too...

LJB 8)
                        If you want to hear the Dialogue Two REALLY sing try using an EL34 and KT88 on each side. This was recommended to me by Herman (Mr. Primaluna). A great improvement.
                        Beauty is in everything but not seen by everyone

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"