X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

Amp issue

I'm having an odd problem with a car audio amp. I've got a 4/3/2 Alpine amp in my truck and for some reason the left channel doesn't want to always work. When I first start the vehicle, there is no sound out of the channel, to fix it, I turn the volume way up for a second and then back down - it then starts working and stays working for a while. If it quits again I just repeat the volume thing.

Any ideas on what might be going on? When I first got the amp, it had a similar issue and I found a broken ground on the input circuitry (RCA connections). I checked again and didn't see any issues.

Thanks!
    Danish
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

I was able to help it some today - filter switches seem to be a little dirty maybe. Switched the filter from "off" to "HP" and things cleared up. It's an old amp (circa '92) so I think I'll hit it with a few shots of Caig.
    Danish

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"