X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timetohunt
    • Feb 2007

Large Kudos to Pioneer Customer support

I am not in the big leagues of audio as many of you are (although I did recently start with some Klipsche FR-83 Main speakers (as the heart of my new system for about 2k). But I am back in the hobby now and upgrading from my old stereo. As money was tight, I got a Pioneer VSX-816 as my processor (I will eventually get a separate amp to drive those RF-83s, but must run the processor as my amp for now). It works pretty good. Anyway, since I had been away from the tech part for so long, some of the features and processing capabilities were not completely clear (even after reading the fairly well organized manual), I needed some help. I called Pioneer customer support on three different occasions. Each time I waited maybe only 2 minutes on the phone before a live tech person picked up, and those folks got right to the answer instantly. I was very impressed with the depth of knowlege considering how many different products might be out there under Pioneer. I got a different person each time. All of them had Latin/Spanish accents - and I only mention that because I often wonder where it is that I am calling to when dialing those 800 numbers (plus I have latin blood in my lineage). Maybe it was California, I'll ask next time I have to call, just curious. Bottom line is - excellent help desk for me so far. Just thought I would drop that note.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Well, always good to hear success stories.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"