I am not in the big leagues of audio as many of you are (although I did recently start with some Klipsche FR-83 Main speakers (as the heart of my new system for about 2k). But I am back in the hobby now and upgrading from my old stereo. As money was tight, I got a Pioneer VSX-816 as my processor (I will eventually get a separate amp to drive those RF-83s, but must run the processor as my amp for now). It works pretty good. Anyway, since I had been away from the tech part for so long, some of the features and processing capabilities were not completely clear (even after reading the fairly well organized manual), I needed some help. I called Pioneer customer support on three different occasions. Each time I waited maybe only 2 minutes on the phone before a live tech person picked up, and those folks got right to the answer instantly. I was very impressed with the depth of knowlege considering how many different products might be out there under Pioneer. I got a different person each time. All of them had Latin/Spanish accents - and I only mention that because I often wonder where it is that I am calling to when dialing those 800 numbers (plus I have latin blood in my lineage). Maybe it was California, I'll ask next time I have to call, just curious. Bottom line is - excellent help desk for me so far. Just thought I would drop that note.
Large Kudos to Pioneer Customer support
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Related Topics
Collapse
-
by David MeekYou've probably seen one or more of my comments about my year-old Pioneer Elite Pro 610 HD-ready RPTV. Yeah, I know. What can I say - I love this set. The only drawback this unit has is that the high-def signal inputs accept only an analog signal. With the studios and manufacturers working hard to have... -
by NMGJust figured I'd post a quick kudos in regards to Rotel customer service. Yesterday evening, the left channel in my RB-1080 stopped working after years of great service.
I sent an e-mail off to Rotel last night regarding the problem and this morning I had a reply back suggesting that...-
Channel: Club Rotel
-
-
by allmodconsI purchased a Rotel 1098 in late Dec 03. The unit's D/A section failed in Feb 04. While I was dissapointed Rotels customer service was exemplory. I had the unit returned to me in about a week, in good working order and with the benefit of a software upgrade. As important than this however was the way...-
Channel: Club Rotel
-
-
by AllorocHi all,
I've been thinking about upgrading the firmware on my RSX-1055 for a while now and recently decided to do something about it.
To avoid the hassle of making my own cable, I emailed Rotel to see how much it would cost to ship one to Ireland - their American site mentioned...-
Channel: Club Rotel
-
-
by PewterTAI know this probably should go into the Cat Cables section, but I thought this would get more exposure being here. Doug, feel free to move it if you want.
Prologue:
About 3 weeks ago I ran into a problem where my center channel speaker fell off my shelf I had it on. It was my... - Loading...
- No more items.

Comment