X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NMG
    • Oct 2004

Rotel Customer Service

Just figured I'd post a quick kudos in regards to Rotel customer service. Yesterday evening, the left channel in my RB-1080 stopped working after years of great service.

I sent an e-mail off to Rotel last night regarding the problem and this morning I had a reply back suggesting that I take a look at the fuses. Long story short, it was a blown fuse on the left channel. I switched all of the fuses up as per the suggestion from the individual I was corresponding with and now everything is up and running again.

It turned out to be a pretty minor problem, however, I think the prompt and helpful response from Rotel was noteworthy. Good stuff!
  • Regnad
    • Jul 2004

I just sold my RSP-1068 and first needed to fix a problem with the volume control. I had it for 3.5 years and did not realize how long the warranty was. It was back to me, repaired and updated, in a very short time.

Thanks to the dealer (Sound Factor in Encino, CA) and Rotel.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Yes, I will also attest to Rotel's quality of service (North Reading, MA, USA), they repaired my three year old, RSP-1098 LCD screen issue including some circuit upgrades. Total turn around time approximately 10 days. Thanks again Mike.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• lvhung
        • Jun 2005

Hey boys only Rotel Amarica has that good kind of service

Comment

• Destruction
          • Dec 2006

Hey boys only Rotel Amarica has that good kind of service
          Not sure I'd agree entirely with that. Rotel Europe seem pretty good too. 8)
          Best regards,

Comment

• kiwi2000
            • Jan 2008

Plant thread?

Are these actual experiences or are these plants to make up for the disaster that is the 1068-1069's?

I sold a perfectly working 968 on the promise of one video connection to my display. This was a pipe dream as the 1068 I purchased never could upconvert the other video formats to component. It eventually failed all together and wouldl not output video at all. Many mods were attempted and several 1068 exchanged all with the same result. I ended up with what I had in the first place just with less cash and much more frustration and lost time.

I bypassed the rotel 1068 for video entirely and was promised that the next pre/pro would do the trick.

I now have the 1069 and guess what, the one video connection still does not work and the only way it can is if rotel puts in a bypass board to defeat the expensive circuits already built in.

Does anyone at rotel do any pretesting prior to releasing product?
            I think the products speak for themselves in this regard.

Comment

• Alaric
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are these actual experiences or are these plants to make up for the disaster that is the 1068-1069's?
              If you go back through Azeke's threads you won't doubt his honesty/integrity. I haven't met the man personally , but I think I'd let him hold a winning lottery ticket for me-and I don't own one piece of Rotel equipment.
              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
              Schiit Modi 3
              Marantz CD5005
              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Mig17
                • Jan 2008

I think Rotel is exellent if it work

Comment

• NMG
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by kiwi2000
                  Are these actual experiences or are these plants
                  Yes this was my actual experience, no it wasn't a plant . . . LOL.

Comment

• Poki
                    • Jun 2007

I had one (repair) experience with the US Rotel Tech Support and it was first class. Months later, by chance the same gentleman helped me to resolve a B&W issue. That was a first class experience also.

Enough said.

Comment

• fordster
                      • Feb 2005

I've posted a couple of time about problems with my RDV-1060. In both cases Rotel (UK) very quickly dealt with the problem (different both times) and returned the player to me. Things do unfortunately go wrong from time to time but at least Rotel fix things quickly. In my experience their customer service is far better than some AV manufacturers I could name (e.g. De**n).
                      Dave

Comment

• Azeke
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2003

Thank you Alaric your words are very kind.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Alaric
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Jan 2006

You are most welcome , Azeke. I'm not the most popular poster on any forum-but I say what I believe.
                          Lee
                          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                          Schiit Modi 3
                          Marantz CD5005
                          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• HiRez
                            • Aug 2007

I also would like to take this opportunity to thank Rotel USA.
                            My RSP-1098 failed to boot after an unsuccessful firmware upgrade attempt. There is only an importer where I live so I arranged with Rotel USA and took the CPU and DSP boards with me on my trip to US. I sent them on a thursday afternoon from west coast and received back on the next tuesday. I was and still am extremely pleased with them.
                            If only Rotel could come up with a full HDMI audio implementation for their flagship RSP ;-)

Comment

• keytrnr
                              • Jan 2008

I'm right now in the process of e-mailing Rotel back and forth to solve an issue. Gotta update some software. They've been very fast in email response, and helpful,knowledgeable.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"