X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

HD Radio Tuner?

Anyone using a HD radio tuner? What do ya think about it?

HD Radio seems to be getting pretty big in my area and have been waiting for them to be standard in recievers/processors, but dont know if I want to wait much longer.

So whos using what? And what do you think about it?
    B&W
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Hey RCD, I’ve been wondering the same thing.
    The station I listen to here in the Burg, WDUQ, just went digital last year.
    They offer three or four different types of programing, including jazz and blues.
    I got what I feel is a very nice analog receiver last year off Agon, it’s a Magnum Dynalab FT-1 and others that have heard it say it has close to CD SQ . But I would like get a digital turner, too, to take advantage of the expanded programing and SQ. I have my tuner running about 20 hour a week, I would guess.

Many of the Digital radios I have heard of are stand-alone table-top units. I’m sure there are seperate tuners that would integrate to a system, but I have not heard or seen one yet.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

The Rotel RT-1084 is an HD/FM/AM tuner. Support for three Sirius tuners as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• r100gs
        • May 2005

I have HD in the car only. No complaints here. I hope HD makes it because it's free. The manufacturers are being slow about integrating it with their equipment. It may fall to the wayside much like HDCD.
        Jay

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"