X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saweetnesstrev
    • Sep 2006

Looking for a good "TurnTable"

looking for a turntable priced 50-200 dollars thats the best money can get.. its for my dads christmas,, i know its a little late,, but this is what he wants.. Any recommendations is good .. Thanks trev. :T
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

If you have a local Tweeter nearby you may be able to find a Denon or Sony table at that price. Other than that, I have a new-in-the-box-never-used Thorens TD-185 with Ortofon OMB10 cartridge for $300 (retails $550) plus shipping.

Comment

• saweetnesstrev
      • Sep 2006

what is a Cartridge and a phono stage

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

Cartridage is basically the body that holds the needle. A phono stage is an input (like a CD or DVD input) on the receiver/amp that handles the right and left channles from the turntable. Phono stages are not as common on the newer stuff nowadays, but, some newer tables have the phono stages buitl in,

Comment

• saweetnesstrev
          • Sep 2006

So anyone have any recommendations on that price range?

maybe from that site?

Comment

• dknightd
            • Mar 2006

this one

might suit your needs. It comes with a cartridge and built in phono stage.

I have no idea how good it is. I suspect not very, but for less than $200 new it is hard to find anything. . . Should be fine for an occasional user who just want a way to play their old vinyl

Comment

• saweetnesstrev
              • Sep 2006

How older is the 185 then the 190? http://www.compsource.com/ttechnote....TD1901d&src=PW 480 dollars

Comment

• saweetnesstrev
                • Sep 2006

That looks good dknight i keep that in mind..

Comment

• saweetnesstrev
                  • Sep 2006

what are the specs on the 185?

Comment

• miner
                    • Mar 2005

The TD 185 is a TD 170 with a TD 190 arm. Thorens built them directly for mail order company JR Music. I bought this directly from Brian Anderson - the then Thorens US distributor. He has since sold his distributorship.

Comment

• saweetnesstrev
                      • Sep 2006

My dad wants a good turntable with everything included or not for 100-150 dollars,, Direct ,, no fancy stuff needed.. Just for his old record collection..

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"